18: revelations

"I always remember that time, back when I first started headin' out with you guys

"I always remember that time, back when I first started headin' out with you guys. You took me to rob this little homestead with you." Rosalie laughed as she remembered the story. "Turned out it was just this little old lady that lived there, and she jumps out on you with a shotgun in your face. I still remember how scared you were!" She sighed, the smile still on her face.
"And of course, you start hittin' her with your charm to try and calm her down. But then you end up givin' her the money back, and havin' a glass of whiskey with her."
Rosalie sniffled as she wiped away the few stray tears that had begun to roll down her cheeks, as she remembered. She looked at the grave in front of her as her eyes filled with more tears.
"That'll always be my favourite memory of you, Sean." She chuckled slightly as she picked up the full bottle of whiskey that lay next to her, standing it next to the grave marker for Sean.

The girl sat beside the grave for a while in silence, before there was a rustle in the bushes behind her.
"Uh, Miss Bell?" She turned around to see Arthur Morgan stood there. "Thought you could use some company."
"That would be nice, Arthur." She smiled, signalling for him sit next to her at Sean's grave. "How we gonna survive without him, Arthur?" She sighed as she rested her head on his shoulder.
"We just have to keep on goin'. Like we did when we lost Mac, Davey, Jenny. That's what it's like in this life." Arthur sighed.
"We all used to tell him he was a pain in the ass, but we all loved him."
"Course we did." Arthur agreed. "I'm gonna miss his drunken speeches."
Rosalie laughed again. "I'm gonna miss him singin' Rye Whiskey round the fire. I loved that."

The pair of gunslingers sat quietly for a moment before Arthur sighed.
"I don't mean to change the subject, Miss Bell." He said almost awkwardly. "But you spoken to Marston yet?"
Rosalie sighed, telling herself that she should have known that's what Arthur was going to ask.
"Arthur, whatever that was with him, it's over. We were fools to do it anyway."
Arthur cleared his throat and let out a long breath. "Well, seems I have become quite the therapist in recent weeks. I spoke to John. He's an idiot, Rosalie, I know. But I do think when he's not playin' dumb, he does care about you."
Rosalie lifted her head from Arthur's shoulder, shooting him a soft smile as he spoke.
"Maybe he is a fool for caring about you. And maybe Micah will beat his ass. But who cares? Just get on with your lives."
"I love you, Arthur." Rosalie smiled up at him.
"I love you too, Miss Bell."