Chapter 12: A planned 'Make-up'

Chapter 12

Kira's POV

A week has gone by.

And yet, it feels like so much longer.

Only seven days has passed since the drama, but now I'm practically best friends with Zayn, Liam and Louis. Every lunch, Liam and I would sneak into the stairwell and study for upcoming tests and exams that we had. We laugh about how stupid the teachers are in out school or make snide comments about Rebecca and her troop. Louis would tend to drop in occasionally, ask a pointless question, and leave awkwardly. Laughter would follow.

I haven't spoken with Jaclyn for this whole week, despite her being in some of my classes. She would purse her lips and remain silent for the entire lesson before leaving first. This doesn't affect me as much; I lose friends all the time. On the other hand, Danielle and I are getting much closer, which is good.

My awkwardness with Harry is slowly disappearing. Whenever we have class together he would wave and smile, and I would attempt to do the same. I'm just shocked that he wouldn't be too shy to approach me. Harry seems to be too confident and cheeky for his own good.

My eyes skim through Liam's study sheet and I groan. "How can you write all this without wanting to kill yourself?"

He chuckles. "I guess I'm just too persistent for you,"

My stomach tightens. Why does Liam have to do these things to me? Even the smallest things make me want to drown myself in a pool of my own tears.

"Or you feel obligated to be," I snatch the sheet and lean on his shoulder. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I flick it open, typing in my pass code. A new text from Louis.

Tell Harry to get his arse in the fucking caf  :)

I would normally laugh but I don't this time. I text him back.

I don't have his number Louis. Call him yourself.

Liam peeks at my screen. "Who you texting?"

"Oh just Louis,"

"Ah,"

My phone vibrates again and I frown, flipping it open once again.

Hmmm....well I erm accidentally deleted his number whoops. I think that it's a good idea that you go to the field right now. Yeah...you should really go to the field right now Kir-Kir

The hell is he playing at? I highly doubt Louis would 'accidentally' delete his best mate's number so he's up to something. There's always that significant change in his tone when he's setting up something; I can feel it.

But whatever, the worst he can do is scare me. "Liam I'll be back, Louis wants to jump out at me on the field and scare the living daylights out of my existence,"

The look Liam gives me makes me fall to the floor in laughter.

"What the-"

"I'll be back!" I wave him off, clutching my stomach and still laughing. I skip along the hallways, humming a tune that I don't recall and slide down the stairs. My nose wrinkles slightly at the smell of...something. Feeling very odd, I spring the door open and prance towards the field. I spot a lone figure kicking what seems to be a small football. A beanie covers his hair.

My brows rise significantly and I approach the figure. "Louis?"

He turns around and I have a sharp intake of breath. It's Harry. Oh shoot...maybe I shouldn't have said anything and not disturb him...

"Kira," he smiles and turns his gaze back to the ball at his feet. "I'm glad you decided to come,"

"Erm," my eyes dart back and forth. "Did Louis set this up?"

Harry laughs. "You catch on quickly,"

I fake a small smile, unsure what to say. After all, shouldn't Harry be ignoring me right now? Like, I practically tore him apart last week. And after rejecting him that way I'm surprised that he would approach me.

I squint. "Erm...no offence but why are we here?"

"Well, since this is where everything went wrong, I thought that it would make sense to fix it all up at the same place you know? So," he spins around holding his hand out to me, a smile playing at his lips. "I'm Harry. Friends?"

This is almost exactly what happened with Zayn and I. Normally if this would've happened I would completely reject his offer and walk off, but however considering that I'm at fault here and that he's the one apologizing I better accept this.

Instead of shaking his hand I push it away. His eyebrows crease at first, but I wrap my arms around him in a firm, but friendly hug.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, resting my chin on Harry's shoulder. I pull away and begin to do awkward movements with my hands to try to explain myself. "Well, uh, you see when you said that I kind of freaked out because well my-"

He grimaces and pulls me back in a hug, obviously happy that we're friends again. "No need to explain. Life's perfect right now, stop explaining yourself for something that happened a long time ago,"

But it was only seven days...

However I just smile, trying to rid my mind of everything that happened. "Yeah I guess," I pull at the end of his beanie. "Didn't recognize you with this on,"

He smirks. "Yeah...I love my beanies,"

Harry's eyes fall upon something in the distance and the smile wipes itself clean off his face. I turn around and see nothing but the reddening trees. A quizzical expression morphs itself on my face and I look back at Harry, but he's not looking at me.

"What time is it?" he asks, still staring at the trees like they're going to disappear without his surveillance.

"Uh," I scan my watch and look up at him for a moment before answering. "Five to twelve,"

He bites his lip and steps away from me. "Look, sorry Kira but I have to go,"

"Why-"

"Ask Liam to explain for you!" he yells back, jogging quickly indoors.

YAY SO HARRY MADE UP WITH KIRA! :) Well yeah, I'm going to leave my A/Ns short from now on so I can get on with writing. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH @Teodora13_7 for the advice. So now, thanks to her, I shall only post when I finish the chapter to avoid confusion and stuff :D THANKS FOR READING THIS FAR!!!

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, Fan etc. and blah blah

~Micky xx