Manik: Was that the only thing on your mind, while you were waiting for me to finish off my work?

Nandini: Um yes... That was pretty much all of it! 
Nandini replied back proudly as she nodded her head at him.

Manik: Ohh what am I going to do with you Mrs. Malhotra...

Nandini: What you are going to do is take me out for Waffles so that I'm fully satisfied before I get back home and start writing termination letters for who ever it was from the my team that approved these designs. 

Manik raised his eyes at her in amusement as he glanced at the designs lying on the corner of the table and shook his head,
Manik: Please tell me that you will not make me stop the team from starting the construction tomorrow...

Nandini leaned over and pulled the designs closer before she started flipping the pages and checking onto some particular detail as she shook her head in the answer to his question.
Nandini : Nah, that can turn out to be a huge loss for the company. Anyways, you are good to go for at least two months. I can see changes only once you get the base ready.

Manik sighed at her words before taking the designs from her and throwing them back carelessly on his desk as he pulled her closer and hugged her.
Manik: Want to go for those waffles now?

Nandini: Yes, let's go...
Nandini said as she moved his arms from around her and entwined her fingers with her before tugging hi out of his seat.

Nandini: I also want to go to the hill after that, and before you say it's not safe, let me tell you that you don't have any option today.

Manik: No Nandini... I'm not listening to you in this matter. Not just the hill, but also walking through those dense trees in dark... It's not at all safe for you in this condition. 

Nandini: But-

Manik: If you want we can go to the Marine Drive but that is it. No Hill!

Nandini: Fine...
Nandini replied back in a resigned voice making Manik chuckle.

Nandini: You know that I am going to get back at you for all of this right! Now hurry up...
Nandini said as she continued walking towards the door as Manik picked up his car keys from the counter.

Just as they were about to walk out, Nyonika and Harsh entered the house and smiled looking at the two.
Nyonika: What's the hurry?

Nandini: Belgian Waffles with strawberries... 

Manik: I thought it was just Belgian Waffles.

Nandini smiled sheepishly at him and shrugged as she turned towards the two smiling elders.
Nandini: Do you want to join us?

Harsh: We just had a full meal at the charity event my child...

Nandini: So? You can always find a little space for some waffles in there... Wanna come?
She asked again this time looking at Nyonika. Harsh chuckled at her childlike excitement and wrapped his arm around her shoulder walking back out of the house.

Harsh: How can you expect us to say now to that face now?

Manik: And to think that this one is going to be a Mom...
Manik muttered to himself under his breath as he followed them with Nyonika, but Nandini glanced back at him with her eyes narrowed

Nandini: Do you want to sleep in your room tonight?

Manik: What? I didn't say anything.

Nandini: Right!
Nandini replied with a satisfied nod as Nyonika helped her sit inside the car, laughing softly at the two of them.