Manik: By the way Champ, I heard your parents are going to London for that new deal.
Manik said a few minutes later as they all sat having their dinner.

Rishab: Oh yes, in fact they had their flight this afternoon sometime, so I guess they should be gone by now.

Nandini: Arey then why didn't you mention that earlier. Now what are you going to do staying that house alone. Stay here for a few days na!

Rishab: Here? You sure?

Manik: Of course... Nandini would love some company while I'm at work. Ashita, you are welcomed to stay over as well...
Manik replied to him, adding a wink at his last line as Rishab and Ashita both turned red.

Nandini: Manik!

Manik: Just saying...

Rishab: Okay then I will get some stuff from home and come back tomorrow.

Manik: That reminds me, you guys will have to keep Nandini company tomorrow evening too. I have to go to Pune to get things started out there, I think I will  be quite late getting back.

Nandini: You are going to Pune? Shouldn't I come along, I can look over the site once and then the design team can-

Manik: You are not going on any site visits Nandini... Anyway, I don't think any sort of travelling is good for you right now.

Nandini: But-

Manik: No buts Nandini...

Nandini: Fine!

Later that night Manik was working on a few of his files, getting things prepared for his trip for the next day when Nandini walked into his office.
Manik: What happened?

Nandini: Nothing... Can't I just come in here without purpose?

Manik smiled at her, shaking his head before he got back to his files.  Nandini walked closer standing next to him, before she pushed his chair back and took a seat on his lap, sitting by a side enabling him to see the files.

Manik turned to look at her, his eyes raised in amusement, while Nandini gave him an innocent smile,
Nandini: What?? Continue please...

He turned his attention back onto work while Nandini took this time to study him. She focused on each and every nook of his face, watching his expressions change ever so slightly as he read through the document. She could easily say when he was liking what he read and when he was doubtful just by how his eyes changed. She knew that she could just never get tired of watching him work, something that made her smile as she remembered the same words coming from him on how he could never get tired of watching her sing or play.

She rested her head onto his chest, wrapping her arms around his neck as she closed her eyes taking in his warmth. Manik looked down at her as he wrapped his arm supporting her back. He continued his work for a few more minutes before finally ending it as he kept his pen on the table and leaned back comfortably on the chair. He moved his other hand up as he caressed her face, dropping a soft kiss on her forehead.

Manik: Awake or asleep?

Nandini: Awake... Listening to your heart!

Manik: Okay... And what does my heart say?

Nandini: It's whispering...
She replied back as her own voice turned into whispers, making Manik smile.

Manik: Whispering what?

Nandini: It says that you feel like taking me out for some Belgian Waffles...

It took Manik a few seconds to take that in before Nandini felt his entire body vibrating in silent laughter as he dropped a long kiss onto her forehead.