handprint | 18

⌜                                                            ⌝

trauma - chapter eighteen

⌞                                                            ⌟

Crackle.

Pop.

The intense heat was all [y/n] felt as he opened his eyes groggily. It didn't take long for him to notice the unusual fiery red and orange skies before him, the moon shining as sparks of ember appeared in his vision.

'N-no...'

[y/n] quickly scrambled to his feet, his heart pounding roughly against his ribcage as bursts of flames reflected in his [e/c] eyes. The bright flames engulfed the building in front of the male, his footsteps heavy as his eyes went wide in horror.

"D-dad! P-please no!"

A young boy shouted terrified, his tiny little fists banging on a translucent yellow dome. Large glossy tears streamed down the boy's face, snot running down his nose as he continued screaming and hitting the barrier.

"[y/n]-san stop!"

A teen passed through [y/n]'s body, ignoring his presence as he tried to pry the boy away.

"N-no! Stop!" Blood-curdling shrieks came from the child, fighting against the shinobi with everything he had, "Let me go! I-I need to save my dad, I needtosavemy-"

"Inoichi hurry! We need to get [y/n]-san out of here!"

A blond male came rushing soon after, taking the [h/c] haired male in his arms despite the thrashing the kid did.

"S-stop! My dad is in there! P-please save him!"

The kid cried pitifully, his words resulting in the frowns of the two shinobis. They looked at each other silently, a silent communication as a nod came from both of them.

The blond male looked at the crying child in his arms, "We'll save your dad later okay? Let's get you to safety first, does that sound good [y/n]-san?"

With snot dripping down his nose, the child silently nodded his head as another shinobi arrived at the scene, the distinct red swirls on his cheeks making it easy to distinguish him as someone from the Akimichi clan. Following his arrival, another shinobi arrived, his blue eyes standing out in the darkness as he met with the others.

He only nodded at the three shinobi, his gaze turning soft as the sobbing child within Inoichi's arm.

"Hello [y/n]-kun, do you remember me?" His voice was soft and gentle as he spoke to the [h/c] kid, his eyes clear with no hints of pity or remorse.

The child nodded weakly, "Hi, M-minato-san."

Smiling gently, Minato nodded, "That's correct. I have to talk to your dad soon, is there anything you want me to tell him?"