Chapter 8(Sokka's Master)

Start from the beginning

"That's not true." His sister denies. "No can read a map like you."

"I can't read at all." Toph brightens the mood, a little.

"Yeah, and who keeps us laughing with sarcastic comments all the time?" Aang remarks. "I mean look at Toph's hair, right? What's up with that?" As the young airbender picks up a strand of hair out of the Toph's face.

"What?" Toph swats Aang's hand away. "Katara, what's wrong with it?" As she asks the person in front of her.

"Nothing is wrong with your hair, Toph." Katara tells her. "It's really gorgeous, actually."

"Ha! See my hair is gorgeous!" Toph cheers and raises her fists in accomplishment. As she shouts, they group gets glares from the people, who were trying to eat peacefully, that backfired.

"S-sorry for the noise." Aang timidly bows at the small crowd of glares.

"Keep it down, Toph." Katara shushes.

"Sorry, Mom." Toph sarcastically 'apologizes.' Also getting another angry glare form Katara.

"Look it appreciate the effort," Sokka butts in, "but the fact is each of you is so amazing and so special, and I'm not. I'm just the guy in the group who's regular." As he finishes, Katara goes down and sits down to her older brother.

"I'm sorry you're feeling so down, but I hope you know none of us see you that way." She reassures him. "I know something that's gonna make you feel better." Katara puts a hand over his shoulder.

"You do?" He asks hopeful.

----------

"SHOPPING!" Sokka joyfully claps before dashing inside. Katara follows her over-joyed brother while Aang and Toph head off in the other direction. Toph goes and starts feeling the items around. She comes to a couple of jet-black fingerless gloves.

"Twinkle Toes?"

"Huh?" Aang turns his head toward the earthbender.

"What do these look like?" As she holds up the pair of gloves.

{This is what they look like}

"Black, fingerless, and small." He tells her observing the black gloves. "I think they would fit you."

"Mm... okay. Can you help me put them on?" She asks.

"Ya, sure." He comes next to her and grabs it out of her hands. "Here, put them like this." As he grabs her left hand and slips it into the glove. A light scarlet red spread over the faces of the young benders. What is this? I have always been close to Toph. So, what, or why, am I feeling like this? Aang thought. A cough brought him back to reality.

"O-ok. You can let go of my hand and do the other side, Twinkle Toes." Toph looks away hiding the light shade of pink on her cheeks.

"Oh, right." He scratches the back side of his neck. He quickly does the other side.