“Miss me?” she asked.

“I did.” He glanced down at her, his eyes skimming over the low-cut neckline on her wrap-dress. Lorena was a curvy yet fit woman who looked amazing in everything she wore, and she was aware of how attractive she was. It was a confidence that attracted Amos but lately bugged him. Men often turned their heads to stare at her, and she basked in their attention. Sometimes too much. “Did you miss me?”

“Oh, god, Amos. How much have you had to drink?”

“Not enough.” His tattooed hands adjusted her dress.

“Rude!” She smacked them away.

“Babe, it’s a bit much.”

“You told me I look hot in this dress.”

“You do. Boiling, but when we left the house, it was wrapped a little tighter.” He glanced down at her cleavage. “Now it’s so loose I can see your bra, and what can I say? I don’t want to share those beauties with everyone else.”

“Fine...” she bit back a smile, her cheeks warming as she tugged the material closer together.

When Lorena peered up at him, Amos claimed her mouth with his. For a moment, she seemed to enjoy the exchange as her lips parted, accepting his tongue with her hands grasping the material of his shirt. But then, there was the faint sound of Elliot shifting his weight from one foot to the other before clearing his throat—prompting Lorena to pull away and smack Amos’s chest.

“Babe!” She gave him a playful glare and pivoted towards Elliot. “Sorry.”

“No, it’s all good.” He held up his hands and began backing out of the kitchen. “I’ll give you love birds some space.”

“Wait.” Lorena followed, but Amos reeled her back in.

“Not so fast. I have more plans for you.”

“Babe.” She narrowed her eyes. “This is a party we’re supposed to mingle.”

“Yeah, and you’ve been ignoring me all night.”

“Oh, god.” She rolled her eyes. “I have not.”

“This is the first time we’ve talked since walking through the door, so yeah, you have.”

“Are we seriously going to argue about this? Because I’m just trying to have a good time.”

“With Elliot?”

“No.” She scowled. “With everyone.”

“Funny because you’ve been glued at the hip all night.”

“Ugh!” She rolled her eyes again. “I hate when you get all jealous. The dress is one thing, but Elliot is my coworker, and we get along.”

“I have coworkers too, but we don’t go around calling each other husband and wife.”

“I can’t with you right now!” Lorena spun to leave but then stopped. “Don’t embarrass me. This is a party. Try having some fun.”

In the absence of Lorena’s presence, the song bumping through the speaker system made Amos snort. The lyrics about dancing alone in a corner made him lean his head against the cabinet with a thunk. He pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Perfect. Just perfect.”

“Everything all good?” Marco asked, reaching for a bottle of whiskey on the white marble counter.

“Fantastic. I’m at a party with my girlfriend, but she’s off in her world.”

“I know what you need!” Reaching into his jeans pocket, Marco pulled out a joint. “Let’s take this to the balcony.”