• T W E N T Y S I X •

Start from the beginning

"I'm just going to drop by and check on Arius, does anyone want to come?" Elijah said, standing up and wiping his forehead with his sleeve.
A few shakes of the head and incoherently mumbled 'no-s' later, Elijah found himself knocking on Arius's door.
The door quickly swung open, revealing a tired looking Arius in an oversized jumper; the sight of which made Elijah's heart pound just a little faster.

He was so fucking adorable.

"What do you want Kingston?" He mumbled, sighing.

"I was wondering if you want to go play soccer?" Elijah twinkled up at him, putting on his best excited look.

"We'll get caught you fucking idiot. The grounds are off limits."

"Yes, but Jake and Viggo have permission to practice! Hell, Jake has a key." Elijah pressed on.

"Now you're talking, come in." Arius said, sounding a little interested as he opened the door a little wider for Elijah to step inside.

"Yeah so, do you want to go?"

Arius plopped himself down on the bed and groaned loudly before sitting up and looking straight at Elijah. He was a bundle of nerves right now, hands fidgeting, legs shaking, and eyes filled with anticipation and the hunger to play again.

"Yeah, but-"

"No, no buts! Yes or no?" Elijah threw his hands in the air.

Arius narrowed his eyes at Elijah, for a few minutes. Elijah wasn't intimidated in the slightest, he was used to this. Oh and he knew that Arius was a big softie on the inside. They'd come across a bunch of little Jays on one of their walks and Arius had been absolutely delighted to have seen them.

"Cool, I'll come."

"That's what she said." Elijah muttered and burst out laughing only to have a pillow thrown at his face which only made him laugh harder. Arius was pink in the face now, trying to fight back a smile while Elijah cackled like a wild goose.

"Alright, get dressed appropriately. I'm calling Jake and Viggo."

"What the fuck do you mean appropriately? I'm coming like this. It's either this or nothing." Arius scrunched up his face as he shot Elijah a dirty look.

"Calm down. You're such a child."

"You're telling me."

"Shut up." Elijah laughed, shaking his head.

He shot Viggo and Jake a quick text asking them if they were down to play. Jake was happy to be doing this night-time thing again while Viggo was really anxious for Arius to play again. He hadn't played in a long time and it was kind of like a trigger to his angry outbursts. But Elijah was confident he'd be okay, because they'd done it during Christmas and Arius hadn't been anything but happy.

"Okay, so you're not going change your-"

"No I won't. You're so slow, get with the program Kingston." Arius rolled his eyes as he laced up his converse.

"Those phrases are so unnecessary! Anyway, will you come down to my room with me? Gotta make a quick stop."

"Jeez, buy me dinner first Elijah. I'm not that easy." Arius smirked, standing up.

"Wha-what the fuck? Don't say shit like that." It was Elijah's turn to blush furiously.

"Two can play at this game. Now lead the way."

"I could make another joke out of what you just said, but you're in such a weird mood a of a sudden." Elijah said stepping out of the room.

"I know."