ONE || LIONES

The night was young: there were still some lingering touches of blue, and the clouds were thin, like mist shrouding around the sickle shaped moon. The silvery purple hair of the goddess was the only thing that illuminated the hilltop on which she and her friend was peacefully meditating. Their eyes were closed, their chests heaving, sighing, and heaving again. They were both sat in a circle of peace relaxing under the crescent moonshine that was just unveiled by the cloud a second ago.

Luna could feel Zaneri's druid presence from beside her, the familiar calming sensation of magic. Luna breathed in deeply then let her mind wander, the druid had offered to meditate with her which she gladly accepted. The night was cool, not too cold that made you shiver but not too humid either.

However, their moment of peace was soon interrupted. The sound of rapid footsteps reached their ears as the two noticed a figure racing towards them. As it got closer, the light revealed the figure to be Zaneri's older sister racing towards them with Luna's staff in hand. The druid skidded to a stop when she reached the other two girls. She was panting heavily, sweat drops easily forming on the top of her forehead.

"It is time," her voice cutting through the quiet atmosphere that was established earlier, "You must go now, time is running out."

"Now?"

Luna had a perplexed expression on her face. She didn't know why her friend just turned up out of the blue and just tell her to...basically, shoo. What did she mean by time is running out? she didn't know this was happening all so quickly that she could barely process the two people around her.

"Why now? And why have you brought my sacred treasure?" she asked

"Luna, you can't hide anymore. They are coming back, I can sense them. Time is running out you need to get to Liones." As Luna looked closer at the orange-haired girl, she could see worry lines on Jenna's features and eye bags too, like she hadn't slept for days.

"What?"

Jenna shook her head frowning, "I had a vision, a vision with you," She paused for a second re-thinking her idea of telling them, she bit her lip but continued anyway, "Well, I saw you fighting the ten commandments..." she trailed off.

"It is time for you to go help them, the demon clan is stirring. It won't be long until......until, you know......" Jenna continued to urge.

The older druid gently handed Luna her sacred treasure as she said so. The younger druid, Zaneri was watching apprehensively at the girl who was once one of the goddess race......once. Luna reached forwards to grab it, she placed her hand on the wooded pole running her hands along with the weather-beaten wood and muttered a quiet 'transform'.

Dark blue metal replaced the weatherworn wood, running along the length of the weapon replacing the old with the new. A blue light appeared in the cracks of the engraved moon runes on it. At the end of the weapon, a long razor-sharp blade formed, with gold streaks wrapped around it forming beautiful patterns.

But which will still be no less deadly to the person at the end of the scythe. The blade was shaped slightly like a crescent moon. There was a moonstone placed in the middle of her blade and it glowed brightly under the moonlight.

She raised her scythe slowly, towards the sky, summoning the moonlight to her command. Suddenly, a swirl of moonlight surrounded Luna lifting her up in the air making her feel supercharged; as if she could take down an entire country with one blow. She closed her eyes, reminiscing the familiar feel of her power running through her veins. She then pointed her weapon at a nearby hill, eyes narrowing to identify the hit point. She swung her scythe back and started her attack, she wanted to test her abilities after nearly decades of not using them.

True, it had been a long time since she actually used the weapon but she did train with the druids in controlling her power over the years. Luna's eyes glowed a silvery-white color as she proceeded with her attack. When she sneaked a peek at the other two girls who she swore were just standing right next to her a second ago, now, they were nowhere to be seen.

Oh well,

"Moonlight: Destroy!" She yelled and she executed her power on the hill. A wicked edged beam of light shot out of her scythe, leaving a trail of moonlight as it demolished the entire hill. The hill exploded in a matter of seconds, sending earth and rocks in the air. Luna saw Zaneri face palm beside her while Jenna stormed towards her and shot her an accusing glare.

"I gave you the scythe to help the sins!" She yelled at her, "NOT TO DEMOLISH A MOUNTAIN!" Luna cowered down at the sight of the angry druid. She was scary, "And PLUS," Jenna continued, "Why did you even use the scythe in the first place? You KNOW that your scared treasure in the staff form is enough right?"

Both of them were distracted and surprised by Zaneri bursting out in laughter at the sight of them. Soon, all three of them were laughing, but Luna just had to be the kill-joy.

"But I still failed my test," Luna said to the druid sisters, "I can't get my wings nor full power......I can't be the person I once was. How am I, a failure, going to fight the people that are so much stronger than me?"

"No you're not," Jenna comforted quietly, "You just need to let go, that is the thing you are failing to do. When you let go, then you can regain your wings."

"But as of right now......" Zaneri supplied also joining the group hug, "You are more than enough to help the sins, I bet they need to power up as well when they face their real enemy. At that time, you can try again."

Luna didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Facing her past is hard, there were so many memories that she had buried deep down over the years. All of them resurfacing at once......well......to be honest......it really scared her. However, there was a chance of finding Harlequin and maybe seeing Ban again. With bad memories also come good ones, and it was about time to address them.

Luna nodded her head, making up her decision.

"Well, if I'm really going, then, I won't be seeing you guys for a while." Luna hugged them tighter, "I want to thank you for everything." All three of them stayed in that position for a while, then Luna gently picked up her grey cloak, draping it around her. She pulled up her hood, covering her face. She willed her sacred treasure to turn back into the staff form.

She twirled her staff around and started carving moon runes on the ground. Her staff danced across the grass in a fluid motion, and in a few seconds, a teleportation rune was done. Giving the druid sisters a last wave of goodbye, Luna slammed her scythe in the middle of the rune. She pictured the familiar city of Liones in her mind. The rune activated and white light shone from the runes to the sky forming a cylinder. The light surrounded Luna and engulfed her fully.

Traveling by moon runes was normally reliable and fun. But, when Luna found herself next to a building that was about to fall on her, she thought the rune malfunctioned and sent her somewhere else. However, there was the unmistakable castle of Liones about a mile from her, so she must be in the right place.

Just then, a roar brought her out of her thoughts. No way, Luna thought as she stared at the monster, Is that a demon?

But no, this one's power was weaker than the red demon's, it was smaller in size too. She nearly gasped in surprise as she saw a human figure in the middle.

So, the holy knights somehow drank demon blood to get powers?

This was not good, the true holy knight power should come from relentless, brutal training, not just drinking blood...... demon blood no less. Then, something caught her eye, it was this plant-like creature that was connected to the human. This must be it! Luna thought, that small evil creature must be controlling them.

And just then, the demon chose to strike at her, he heaved up his fists and brought them down. Luna could have sworn she heard someone scream "watch out!"

Agilely dodging the crushing fists of the demon, she whipped around to face the voice and......and found......

"Harlequin?"

Hope y'all like this chapter

AlitaNightshade