Prologue | Prologue

Mulai dari awal

"Ban is kind, he is truthful and nice to me. Please sister, just give him a chance!"

"I don't want you to be like me."

"W-what? What do you mean?"

"I learned the lesson the hard way a long time ago," Luna explained, "I do not want you to follow the same path as I did, it was full of pain and remorse. Nothing......good."

"But, my brother has left me for 700 years...... a-and Ban managed to wipe all the loneliness I felt in a mere 7 days." Elaine said quietly, "How is that not good?"

Luna sighed sadly, it was impossible to try to explain this to love-stricken girls. "Okay, let me tell you a story," She told her and pulled her close, "A long time ago, there was a war......"

"The holy war?" Elaine asked excitedly, luna laughed at her childishness, she was always like this when she told her stories of the past.

"Yes, yes and now don't interrupt me. A long time ago, there was a war...... The war was was between the demon clan and the allied clans, which were the giants, the fairies, the humans, and the Goddess race.

There was a girl from the goddess race, she was one of the best fighters of their clan and never strayed from the supreme deity's rules. But then one day, she fell for someone that she shouldn't have." Luna stopped at the sudden feeling of something soft lie on her lap, she sneaked a glance at the girl who she found was now laying her head on her legs, Luna couldn't help but shook her head at the little habits that Elaine had when she was around Luna,

"Well, long story short, her brother tried to warn her from loving someone in the middle of a war. But the young girl was already in too deep. The boy loved her as well but when something happened to him, he made a bad decision to turn towards the demon clan, he started to fight and kill her comrades. She was forced to leave him, this caused her to be unfocused, unstable. Her brother started worrying about the heart-broken girl, he tried to convince her to take a rest and stop fighting but the stubbornness in her would not listen. And one day, in a battle, he.....he-"

Luna stopped abruptly, she felt her eyes getting glassy and her voice faltered. She couldn't relive the moment again, she just couldn't. She hastily wiped the excess saltwater from her eyes before Elaine could see them. She was still scared, scared to tell people, even......even when they didn't know the girl......was her.

"In battle, there was a spear thrown at her, and she couldn't react quickly enough to stop it because of her recklessness of a broken heart. So when her brother saw the spear aimed at his little sister, he took it for her. When the girl saw her brother falling from the sky with blood all over him, she finally woke up from her 'daydream'. She screamed and cried but her brother wouldn't come back.

Years later, she was betrayed by her kind and was thrown into purgatory, she stayed there for 500,000 years before she was able to come back. She sealed off her broken wings and locks them up with her full battle armor, she couldn't bear to look at them without regarding the guilt that she had."

"And then?"

"And then what?"

"What happened to the girl?"

"I do not know Elaine, but look what heartbreak cost her." Elaine shook her head softly, "But that wasn't the girl's fault that her brother died, her brother chose to protect her, for her to live on. The boy made a bad decision, but I'm sure he loved her as well."

"I don't know Elaine, I don't know. But this story was to warn you about love," Luna said, "I want to protect you."

"And what I'm saying is for you to let me take the jump, as the girl in the story did as well. "

------

Luna remembered every single word of that conversation. She also could remember everything that happened after, it was like a birthmark that was etched in her mind, one she would repeatedly see in her nightmares to come......

She wasn't there when the red demon attacked Elaine. Therefore, when she arrived she saw Ban throwing his life away to fight the demon like it was his mortal enemy, Luna knew something was off. What broke her already damaged heart was to see the broken body of Elaine on the ground with blood surrounding her like a pool of liquid roses. What came next was pure rage from heartbreak, she didn't even bother summoning her scythe and went fists to demon, on the monster. The demon perished from being repeatedly beaten to death with her bare fists.

Luna and Ban placed Elaine on a bed of multicolored flowers, signifying her innocent beauty even after her death. Both of them went their separate ways after.

She began her nomadic life and felt better if she just distanced herself from the world. The druids welcomed her in their land, and Luna gladly accepted their offer, while still traveling from time to time. She left her wings for safekeeping with Jenna, one of the rulers of Istar.

She didn't want to use them ever again.

Luna briefly met Escanor and Meliodas when they were trying to escape the holy knights after them. she offered a place in the mountains for Escanor to be a barkeep. He accepted gladly and hid there for the time being. Meliodas took some interest in Luna, who he thought was a mage at that time, and offered her a place in the seven deadly sins. She rejected the offer and teleported away.

-Okay so there's some short history of Luna's past, now we can officially start :))) Also, thank you for 5 hearts already!! Love you guys!

AlitaNightshade