Chapter 11

The morning light seeps through their window, spilling on the sheets making their bed even warmer than it already is. Despite the events of last night, they were both clean and fully dressed. Brett was holding Eddy in his arms, the moment he opened his eyes he pulled Eddy closer to him. 

Brett was staring at his beloved, examining his features. Eddy did not sleep perfectly or beautifully. Yet, Brett cannot help but think how beautiful the younger man was. He was undeniably impeccable, sometimes it hurts. Brett used his calloused fingertips to trace the curvature of Eddy's face. His hand went lower, grazing the younger's skin with the side of his hand. 

This was so awfully sentimental of Brett, but he was willing to take what he can. It sounds selfish but he knows that something will take Eddy away from him. So, he takes everything in and burns it in his mind. Remembering every small detail that he will always keep with him.

Eddy wakes up to the touch of his dearest, the most gentle caress, the most loving touch. It was addicting, to say the least. That damned smile, he’d wake up everyday if that was the sight he would wake up to. 

He stares deeper in his lover’s eyes, not wanting to lose that connection, despite already being connected by touch and by love. His face instinctively comes closer, resting his forehead on the other’s. The embrace becomes tighter and the bond becomes stronger. The bond that he never wants to break.

Eddy, he's afraid. Oh, he's so afraid that once his parents find out about them, they'll tear them apart. It worried Brett too, they both know it's bound to happen. 

Still, they pushed the thought away. For now, they could only remain in this sanctuary of theirs. They had each other's embrace and heat, nothing would matter even just for hours. Their skin, their lips, their hands; it was only Brett and Eddy. It was beautiful and safe. 

It was quiet but Eddy decided to speak up. 

"Do you think that we could stay here forever, Brett?"

"Of course, we can. If ever we can't, we'll always have the memory here." Brett said as he pointed to Eddy's heart. "And here." Pointing to Eddy's mind. 

"It's muscle memory, too... My bow hold, the feel of your skin. Even my body knows you." Eddy said, kiss Brett's forehead.

“Wherever I’ll go, whatever I see, I’ll think of you. Together or not. You’ll stay in my heart.”

“You too, Brett. You belong in mine.”

“In your heart, in your mind, in your arms, I belong to you, Eddy.”

Eddy responds by bringing them closer, holding on tighter, loving even more than his heart could take. Not planning to let go anytime soon, maybe not at all.