Chapter 35

...

Yeona let out a deep breath, hands clasped together as she waited for Jeno's reaction. She had just told him the real story behind it all, and now she was waiting for Jeno to take it all in.

"Wow. That was... A lot." Jeno breathed out, shaking his head. "I didn't know there was so much behind it all."

"I know." Yeona said quietly, staring at the ground. "I shouldn't have kept it away from you for this long. I'm sorry."

Jeno slowly nodded his head, taking in her words. "You shouldn't have. This is why Jaemin didn't like you."

Yeona bit her lip, feeling terrible as tears began prickling her eyes. "I know."

"Hey." Jeno said, and she felt a poke on her shoulder. "Did you even hear what I said?"

"You said that Jaemin doesn't like me." Yeona said, dabbing the tears in her eyes but Jeno shook his head.

"I said that Jaemin didn't like you." Jeno corrected. "He talked to Haechan and told me that there seems to be something more behind the screen so I should wait until you were willing to talk before making a judgement."

"Really?" Yeona said, turning to the male. Jeno nodded.

"I mean, I'm still pretty upset that you had to break off our friendship because of your mom." Jeno told her. "But I'm glad you told me about it."

"Well you know my mom." Yeona said quietly. "It's hard to fight against someone like her."

"I know, I honestly never liked her either." Jeno said, narrowing his eyes with a shiver. "But I think you're older now. You should stand up for yourself."

"I should." Yeona mumbled. She felt another poke and noticed that Jeno had stood up, hands in his pocket.

"So does that mean that we're friends again?" Jeno asked, flashing Yeona a smile.

"I mean, if you're willing." Yeona replied, smiling back.

Jeno chuckled, satisfied with her response.

"Come on, let's go before Haechan gets mad because I've been talking to you for too long." Jeno said, beginning to walk back to the art studio.

Yeona shook her head before quickly catching up, walking with her friend again.

...

...

"Hey." Renjun said, making Haechan look up. Haechan placed his phone down.

"Yeah?"

"Does Yeona ever..." Renjun stopped, looking up in thought.

"Does she what?" Haechan asked as Renjun tried to organize the thoughts in his head.

"I don't know. I'm just wondering if she ever gets insecure from everything that happens online. Like the amount of hate comments she gets." Renjun said before turning back to his painting.

Haechan frowned, decently aware of the problem. "She doesn't admit it, but I can tell it's hard."

"It probably is." Renjun agreed. "But she must really like you. She still continues to post pictures of you despite it."

"She does?" Haechan asked, his eyes lighting up. Renjun nodded.

"Yeah, it's kind of cute. She always puts a little hashtag too." Renjun said just as the doors to the art studio opened, Yeona and Jeno walking in.

Haechan couldn't help but smile as Yeona made his way to his side, embracing him. "Hope you didn't miss me too much."

"Not too much." Haechan replied, giving her a quick peck to the displeasure of the other two.

Judging by how comfortable Yeona and Jeno seemed to be now, it was clear that they had made up, back to being friends again. Although Haechan was slightly jealous that the two had history, he was glad that Yeona had the support of another friend.

"You ready to go? I'm hungry." Yeona said with a pout, gently tugging Haechan's sleeve.

"Yes, let's go eat. I'm starving." Haechan said, getting up.

The two quickly waved to Renjun and Jeno before heading out, off to a restaurant for dinner.

...

———————————————————————————

👀