Chapter 7

...

Yeona glanced at the male staring at his phone, clearly surprised that she had tagged him in her post

Yeona glanced at the male staring at his phone, clearly surprised that she had tagged him in her post. "What?"

"You never tag anyone." Jeno pointed out, slipping his phone back into pocket. "What changed?"

Yeona shrugged. "You took the photo."

"Okay but it's also Hwang Yeona, the biggest Social Media Influencer of Neo College." Jeno said, giving her a look. "You have to admit, this isn't something you would normally do."

"People change, Jeno. It's not going to be the same thing forever." Yeona told him.

"I guess." Jeno said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "So I'm guessing you don't hate me anymore."

"You know I never hated you, right?" Yeona said, as they walked side by side, along the streets towards Yeona's home. "I was just.. I wanted to take a break from our friendship."

"Oh right, because I wasn't good enough for you." Jeno said, his tone coming off as sarcastic. "Please, tell me more."

"Jeno I..." Yeona didn't know what to say, not knowing how to defend herself.

"Oh, no. I totally understand." Jeno said, but his tone was not that nice. "I was a nerdy high schooler with glasses and good grades. And seeing that you were starting to become big on instagram, I can see how having someone like me around could ruin your reputation."

"Hey, I never thought that!" Yeona argued but Jeno was not convinced one bit.

"Right, so that's why you unfollowed me and that's why you ignored me." Jeno said, giving her a look.

"Jeno please." Yeona begged but Jeno shook his head.

"It's fine, Yeona. I get it." Jeno said, motioning to the building behind them. "You're home now."

"Jeno..." Yeona said but Jeno had already turned away, making his way to the bus stop. With each step he took, he was getting further and further until he was so far that it made no sense to chase after him.