Thought Eight. - Clunk.

Start from the beginning

Keep your mind open, and trust me; Embrie.”

I nod; too numb to truly respond.

He has me wrapped around his little finger, and he knows it. He’s playing me for, well I’m not yet too sure what for. But I do know he’s playing me, and I will find out why. But at the moment, I’m not too concerned. If he wants to play… who am I to stop the fun?

He slightly pulls away from me, and looks deep into my eyes, and for a second time he leans in and we come nose to nose.

What is he trying to do to me, this is just cru-

Our lips meet in a gentle entwinement. He steals away my desire, and then thrusts it back at me ten fold. The kiss is like nothing I have ever experienced, and his tongue gently caresses my lower lip, caressing it with his minty flavor. I finally receive the courage from his boldness, to wrap my arms around his neck – diving my fingers into his unruly hair.

But of course, this couldn’t last forever.

No, not a fat chance in hell.

This is just cruel.

He releases my mouth, his taste lingering on my, now swollen, lips. I stare into his eyes, seeing regret and desire slip in and out. I begrudgingly let my arms fall back to my sides, and wait for the verbal rejection to come.

But it doesn’t.

“We’re here, let’s go.” He grabs my hand, and drags me a few feet down the alley, where we come to stop in front of a door.

The alley is dark, and quiet. The walls are brick on each side, and apparently this alley way is a dead end. The end is another brick wall, except with a metal door – which pretty much screams home of ‘creepy – drug lord- pimp’.

“Ah, I don’t think we’ve got the right place…” I try to tug my hand back from him, but he won’t release it. I give him my best death glare.

“Open mind, Embrie. Remember?” He scolds me, and it’s enough to make me shut my mouth.

“I will keep an open mind, just please don’t get me killed.”

“You jest, ma’ lady.” He takes my hand, and places his lips to it. “You needn’t worry about such trivial things when I am the one leading you through the door.” He doesn’t release my hand, but lets both of ours together fall down.

“Ah, my kind sir. Please be in mind, I am but a feeble wee woman, with no armor to protect –“ I can’t help myself and start laughing before I even finish my sentence. I don’t even know how I was going to finish it… but I’m sure it couldn’t get any funnier. 

Jones cracks up too, making me stop to stare at him in awe.