Thought Eight. - Clunk.

Start from the beginning

My body answering to my heart’s commands to continue on, as my brain yells down to that throbbing son of a gun, “Are you dumb? Blind? Deaf? Get a freaking clue you moron!” My heart ignores everything after that.

“Ah, shit.” I say under my breath.

“Hmm?” Jones looks over to me, question in his eyes.

I just shrug my shoulders. “Nothing.”

He nods his head.

Good.  Let it go, the last thing I need to do is explain to him my inner turmoil and conversational spites. All that will do is buy me a quick ticket to the psych – ward.

Slam!

All of a sudden I’m on my butt- the cold, hard ground as my seat. Looking up I see the cause of my fall.

Jones.

“Are you alright?” He asks, lending me his hand for help.

I take it and nod, yes.

“Yeah, I’m fine. What just happened?”

He laughs.

“Don’t you watch where you are walking?” And then his face turns into a mocking scowl. “Actually, I think that was the problem. You were watching the ground, your feet. You should keep your head up, Embrie. It will stop you from running into things.”

“Yeah, well you should try to reconsider stopping so abruptly next time, and maybe give me a heads – up.” Right as the words came out of my mouth, I knew that I had just slammed myself.

“Heads- up. Exactly what I was just trying to tell you.” With this, he hooks his finger gently under my chin and lifts my head to directly meet his eyes.

Which I have no doubt, been avoiding.

He then inches closer to me, his finger never leaving it’s nook under my chin. His eyes intensify, and set my insides on fire. My heart takes a giant leap, getting ahead of itself, and as if on cue – his nose touches mine. The small contact alone; makes me noticeably tremble. He stays in the same position, never leaving my eyes. His hot breath comes down on my face, the smell a herbal mint, which is welcomed.

He’s going to kiss me.

The thought goes through my mind on re-run.

I’m a goner for him.

And this is when he releases his finger from my chin, and tucks a stray lock of my hair behind my ear. Cheeks brushing, he puts his lips to my ear and gently whispers.