"You have to go," she guessed, her voice quieter than before, and her eyes focused on Bruce. Bruce finally pulled his eyes off of Natasha to match Spencer's, but they couldn't hold her stare too long.

Okay, she can't blame him. Spencer doesn't really know what he does, but since it's got to do with saving the world... she's not selfish. She's not going to ask him to stay or anything - the guy saves lives, green giant, or not.

But that doesn't mean Spencer is happy about it. It doesn't mean that Spencer can totally overlook the fact that she and Bruce were barely getting along, and now...

"Departure's in ten minutes," Natasha stated coolly.

Spencer's fingers are curling around the cool metal of the lab table, and her jaw's setting, and for the first time in forever, Bruce recognized her emotions immediately.

And she feels... embarrassed about it. Her hands fall slack off the table, and her eyes dart away. And then, after a second, Spencer tugged off the stupid wire on her arm, slipping off the desk.

"Guess I don't need that," she said, in a way that was supposed to be playful but wasn't. Spencer crossed Natasha, then slid out of the room.

✰✰✰

BRUCE IS GONE, OFF TO SOME OTHER CONTINENT TO SAVE THE WORLD.

Spencer doesn't blame him, really - she'd be on another continent, hanging out in other places if she could be. But no, Spencer Rebecca Banner is sitting in a small room in the Avenger's Compound, faking diary entries to make her life seem much more educational than before.

Then there's a knock at her door.

Spencer glanced up, adjusting on her bed and, coughing before calling out, "Uh, come in?"

The door pressed open, just a little, and Spencer sat up straighter when she saw who it was.

"Oh, hey, Wanda," she said as she opened the door a little more. "What's up?"

"You're sitting here, all alone," Wanda told her, and Spencer agreed that it was extremely pathetic. "Want company?"

"Oh, yeah, definitely," Spencer agreed with a nod, and Wanda smiled wider, closing the door as she came to Spencer's bed and sat criss-cross in front of her.

"So," Wanda started, her head tilting. "Tony, Bruce, Natasha... they're gone."

"Yeah, I know," Spencer confirmed, holding the notebook to his chest. "Mission right?"

"Right-"

"I'm sorry," Spencer interrupted, putting her hands on her knees. "But why didn't you go?"

Wanda considered this question for a second. "Me and Pietro's skills weren't... needed, I suppose."

Weren't needed? The girl with crazy telekinesis and telepathy, and the boy who runs faster than... well, anything else?

Wanda pulled her out of her thoughts with a new question. "Do you have plans?"

"Plans?" Spencer repeated, incredulously. "No, no I- I don't have plans. Um, why?"

✰✰✰

SPENCER HAD SEEN A GLIMPSE OF WANDA'S ROOM BEFORE.

But when she actually saw it, as the whole thing, it was different. Very different. In the time that Spencer had spent at the compound, she had gotten used to the idea that superheroes are people, too, but this made it so much more real.