Tragedy Part 5

Chapter 24

Devin's POV

I see my dad walk out of Tara's room. I stand up from the ground and I run to him and just hug him. I start to cry. Dad hugs me tight. He knows I got rejected and that I'm slowly dying. I deserve it. After what I did to Tara. I deserve it.

"I'm so sorry, dad. I didn't mean it. I didn't know. I should have been there to protect her. Instead, I pushed her away." I say to him with a sob.

"Son, I don't like how you did things. You should have listened to her. Been there for her. I am not going to choose sides, but I do understand both sides." he says.

"I told her that I was going to talk to you. She's waiting for you". He continues. I snap my head up and look at him.

"What? She's waiting for me?" I ask, he nods his head. I start to walk to the room. But my dad stops me.

"Christina wants to talk to you first. Ok?" he says.

"Ok dad. I love you." I say to him.

"I love you too, you're going to be ok. I promise." he says back. I just nod my head. Christina comes out of the room and looks at me. She walks over to me and gives me a hug.

"Devin, I want to tell you what I did and saw, in Tara's body." she says. I nod.

"So, no one knows this, but I am a hybrid. I'm half vampire and half witch." my head snaps up.

"Tara lost a lot of blood. Nothing is damaged inside. She pure. I made sure to leave that for her mate." she tells me while I'm just staring at her. Tears are going down my face. She's pure. My baby is pure. I hug Christina and tell her thank you. I get up and I start to walk to Tara's room. I can't go in there she hates me. I leave.

Three and 1/2 months later......

You know after everything I don't know how many days it's been? I'm very weak, that I know. I want to see her before anything happens to me. I get ready and I walk to my tree house. Tara has been in the tree house ever since she got back, and I have been in my room and never came out. I climb up and see her. I knock on the door and wait. 

She opens the door, and we lock eyes. She pulls me in and pulls me to her and hugs me, so tight. Both of us tried to talk to each other, but instead we would write letters to each other and would slide it under the door. I can't eat, sleep or think. I just want her back. That's all I care about. My mate. My Baby.

"I miss you." she says.

"I miss you more." I tell her.

"B-baby, I...I am so so deeply sorry. I want you back. I...I want your forgiveness. I want to be y-your mate again. I know I hurt you so terribly bad for what I said. And since you hate and rejected me, I'm dying. I deserve it for what I did to you. I understand if you can't. It's ok b-baby. I wouldn't be mad at you. I promise." I say with a sob and stutter. 

"Devin?" She takes a deep breathe.

"I forgive you. I don't hate you. I'm sorry I rejected you. I love you so very much. I read all your letters very carefully, so I know what's happening to you. Your dad told me. I don't want you to die." She says to me.

"I want my mate back." She says. At that moment I can feel the life come back into me. I drop to my knees and hug her waist. I rest my head on her stomach and cry like a baby. 

"I'm so sorry, love. I didn't mean it. I swear I didn't mean it. I love you so much." I say to her. I stand back up. And look at her. I grab her hand and put it on my heart.

"Tara Elizabeth Jackson, I swear to God above that I will protect you with my life. I promise to make this up to you for the rest of my life. I promise to love you for all my life. Don't give up on me. On us. Never let go." I tell her. She has tears going do her cheek. I put my hand on her face. I take my thumb and I wipe her tears way.

"I will never let go. I will never let you go. I'll hold on to you. To us. And I promise too, that I will love you for all my life. I love you so much Devin Garrett." she says.

"Say it again?" I ask.

"I forgive you Devin." she says to me again to make sure I hear it.

"Tell me, you love me?" I ask. More like demand.

"He shall never know I love him: and that, not because he's handsome, but because he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." She tells me. She uses the quote from my favorite book. Wuthering Heights. Our favorite book now.

"I love you, baby." I smile at her and look at my mark. I gasp. It's gone. Why? Wait, ohh. That's right when your mate rejects you the mark fades.

"What's wrong?" She asks. Does she know? 

"Your mark. It faded." I tell her. She looks at me sadly. My Baby. She thinks I'm mad at her.

"Oh. I'm sorry." She sadly tells me. I hug her and kiss shoulder.

"Baby, mark me again. Please? I want your mark on me. I'm so sorry it faded. I didn't want it to faded, I thought it was still there." She says crying. Aww.

"Shhh....it's ok. I'm not mad. That's what happens when a mate rejects you. It's not your fault love."  I say.  I pick her up and take her to the bed in the tree house. We lay down and I hover on top of her. I kiss her lips, then I move to her neck. I give her a hickey before I mark her.

"I'm going to mark now, ok baby?" I ask her and peck her lips. I pull my shirt off and unbutton her shirt.

"Ok, babe." she says. She grabs my face and pulls me to her lips and crashing our lips together. I can feel my wolf getting excited. I pull away and attach my lips to her neck. My K9 teeth come out and I sink them in her neck. I hear a moan. Almost done sweet girl. I think to myself.   I pull away and look at her in the eyes. 

"I love you, sweet girl." I say to her. I can feel my wolf happy and I can honestly feel the life being put back in me. I love this girl so much. I lay down on to of her and snuggle my head in her neck. Very lightly I pepper kisses on her mark. 

"I love you so much. My sweet, handsome, wolf." She says with a giggle. Oh her giggle. She hugs me tight. I can feel one of her hands playing with my hair. 

"Prrrr." My wolf purrs happily.

"I know buddy. I'm happy to. We have her back." I say to him.

I can't believe I have my mate back. Mmm...my baby.