Chapter Five

"So, how was your night?" Were the first words out of my mouth once I got home from work the next day. It was a hectic day, mostly because of how exhausted I felt. Auston and I stayed up until well past three in the morning just chatting about anything and everything. It was moments like those I felt that we were a legitimate couple; it felt real. Of course I knew this to not be the case.

"It was... amazing" she drew in a sharp breath, her smile shone brightly. It was so nice to see her so happy. "Mo is amazing" she blushed after saying this, and I immediately knew why... she was going to say he was amazing... In bed.

"I'm glad to hear your date went well" I decided to not tease her about the details. My mind was occupied with what my evening was going to entail. Tonight was the night I met Auston's family. They had come into town earlier than he had anticipated, so we were all going out to dinner. It was going to be strange, not only going out to dinner in an actual restaurant, but being with his family. It was sort of a weird situation; they knew the real truth, but we were in public; we had to act like a couple. Despite both he and Aubrey telling me they were going to love me, I could feel myself begin to doubt their words.

"And yours is going to go great too!" She looked at me, sympathy in her eyes. "I can tell you're nervous, but honestly, babe you don't need to be!" She told me softly. "They will love you; what's not to love?" Her words made me smile, but there was still the seed of doubt planted in the back of my mind.

"I can't even express how nervous I am" I blurted out, really not wanting to dwell on this any longer. I had an hour to get ready before he was picking me up; I had to shake the nerves off. Aubrey frowned, coming closer to me and swinging her arm around me, pulling me into her tightly.

"I know. And I know it doesn't matter how many times I say they'll love you, you're going to doubt yourself" she knew me too well. "If you need anything I'm just a text away, and the bathroom is just a room away" she added with a grin. I sighed, feeling truly grateful for her friendship, but feeling like a total asshole that she didn't know the truth of my relationship.

"I need to get ready. I need to shake off the nerves" I say, getting from under her grip and heading to my closet. "What should I wear?" I asked her, and her eyes lit up immediately. Bonus of living with Aubrey, is her sense of fashion. She was a fashion designer; and a damn good one at that. She worked at one of Toronto's most up and coming design companies, and I couldn't be prouder. It also meant I always managed to stay fashionable. Being into fashion was never an interest of mine, but because of Aubrey I found myself leaning towards it more and more; I wanted to support her as best as I could.

"This calls for my favourite little black dress!" She squealed, almost pushing past me to get into my closet. I was a little strange with my clothes; I had them all organized in my closet. First came my dresses towards the back, because it was rare I wore them. Next came any fancy tops, sweaters, hoodies, and lastly my good pants. This made things easier for me to find what I wanted to wear, and in cases like this, gave Aubrey an easier time trying to find what she was looking for. "Here it is" she pulled it out from the very back of my closet; it even still had the tags on it.

"Are you sure that's appropriate?" I asked her, a little uneasily. There was a reason I didn't wear this dress before; I felt it was too provocative.

"Of course it is- now put it on!" She shoves it into my face and I comply, heading into the bathroom adjoined to my room to change. It only takes moments and I'm ready to check myself out in the mirror. I step out of the bathroom and Aubrey gasps audibly. "Girl- wow" she looks at me in awe. It's a simple dress, nothing fancy. I twirl around, admiring myself for just a moment. I felt nice, in this dress. It was the perfect length, not too short, going just to my finger tips. The dress was cut out at the torso, exposing my belly but only slightly, was one shoulder and tied together loosely at the side. The sleeve on the one side was long, the other arm exposed totally. I found a moment of discomfort before it disappeared; I felt beautiful.