19.| There's Always a Loophole

Start from the beginning

"What prophecy?" Lucas questioned

The three adults stood in silence, which only caused the boy to grow worried and angry.

"What prophecy!" Lucas shouted

Eve frowned. "T-the demons think Hope will be your death, they think she'll be your downfall."

Lucas snorted. "What? Hope would never do something to hurt me."

"We aren't sure of that." Eve huffed. "I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt, especially Hope. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"That's my girlfriend, mom! You'd really risk a life of an innocent for mine? I've been alive for over a billion years." Lucas shouted. "You had no right to make that choice for me!"

"Eve, how could you do this?" Chloe said as anger built up in her. "How could you be so selfish? Naive?"

"Where is Dromos now?" Lucifer questioned

"I don't know." Eve gasped out trying to hold in the tears. "I don't know. They were in a church and they knocked me out, they said something about linking, and then by the time I came to, they were gone."

"Linking?" Chloe questioned

That's when it hit Lucifer. "They're linking Hope's life to someone. They were never going to kill her by hands."

"Okay, alright, if they took the vial, they'd still have to try and find you. So either way, they'd end up coming here." Chloe says. "So that means they'd perform the same ceremony that Kinley was going to perform on—"

"On me." Lucifer interrupted

"Yes."

"So come on, tell us, detective, once you'd served up this holy, anointed sedative, where was thus ceremony to take place, back when you wanted me in hell?" Lucifer pushed

Chloe frowned. "Well, as you know, I didn't go through with it. I know he mentioned a church. But like I've been saying, he'd end up coming here."

"Well, then where the hell is he!" Lucas shouted impatiently

"Lucas, my lord." Dromos smiled

Lucas's body stiffened. "Dromos, what are you doing here?"

"I came to bring you both back home," Dromos replied. "You guys have been gone long enough. It's time."

"It's time when we say it is," Lucas replied

Dromos hummed. "I had a feeling you'd say that. Which is why we're going to kill that Tribrid."

"Yeah. No, you're not."

"Oh, but we are, with help from our friend here, Little Charlie." Dromos smiles before showing the baby.

"Isn't that—"

"It is."

"Well, my king, it's time to go back home. Don't you think?" Dromos smiled before raising the knife in the air.

Just as he was about to strike down Amenadiel and Mazikeen both began to fight the demons off.

"You ready?" Lucifer whispered

Lucas nodded. "Let's do this."

With that, the two made their way towards Dromos, and just as they were about to attack he picked up the knife again.

"I wouldn't come any closer if I were you," Dromos said holding the baby and the knife.

That's when the two demons beside him threw their punches at the father and son. But instantly missed.