Chapter 2 'Dinner With A Bad Haircut'

Abby walked inside the toilet. She stared at her reflection at the mirror. "Look at you. You look horrifying." Abby thought to herself. "Find three problems and win a prize." She ran to take her journal and started to write..

*Opens journal and scribbles*

Problems with my face:
1. Dull cheeks.
(Solution: Pinch cheeks to redden)
2. Dry and cracked lips.
(Solution: Hmm.. I don't have a lip balm. But Eva does. I'll just take her 'Raspberry & Kiwi Lip Gloss' to shimmer my lips!)
3. Puffy, orangey and tangled hair.
(Solution: Comb hair? Nah, I have scars in my scalp. Oh, I know! I need a new haircut!
Well, now that I found all three problems, where's my prize?

*Closes journal and puts back in cabinet*

Abby saw a pair of scissors inside an opened drawer. She took the scissors and started to snip her hair.
Snip. Snip. Snip. Strands of orange hair fell on the floor. She trimmed some more. "Wow, I didn't know I was this good in cutting hair! I should be a star!" She grinned. Abby looks at the finishing look. She was terrified. "My.. hair.. looks.. HORRIBLE!!!!! Ahem.. ahem.." She coughed. "Abby! We're waiting for you! Come on, I'm starving!" Alex shouted from downstairs. Oh no, this is soo not good. She found a green christmas hat laying at her bed. She ran to grab the hat in lightning speed. She wore the hat and tucked in the strands of hair bobbing out. She ran downstairs and sat down. Everyone was staring at her. "Abby? Are you feeling chilly? It's 42 degrees outside." Abby's father, Paul Hayes asked. "No.. I'm just a little cold," She responded politely. She ate a chicken leg and two whole baked potatoes, and a glass of milk. "I'll.. just go upstairs now." Everyone stared at Abby as she went up.
Phew! That was close. She was sweating real bad. Her mom then went inside her room. "Honey, how are you feeling?" Olivia Hayes asked. "Chilly, coughy. Mom, I want to go to school!" Abby pleaded. "Well maybe not until Monday. You're still coughing and you still have your heat rash. This too will pass someday." Olivia hugged her daughter. Abby laid in her bed, with the christmas hat still on. She immediately removed her hat when her mom left the room. "Oh my.. now it's worst than I remembered." Her hair looked like someone had cut it with a jig-saw. It wad uneven and raggedy.