Chapter X- Knocking on Death's Door

[Annie's POV]

"If I can't have you, no one will."

As I hear those words, I feel myself falling apart. Looking back, I see... his red eyes glaring at me, with emptiness.

Was he- the murderer all along? I-I-I never thought it would be him... No, I did suspect him... but I was disproven...

Was I too selfish to reject your feelings for me...? Or was it my failure to understand the situation I'm in...? If I gave you the chance, would this still happen...?

Is this the end for me? Is this how it ends for me?

I'm sorry... That I wasn't able to help anyone... That I wasn't able to stop any of your deaths... That I wasn't able to stop him...

Sorry that... I'm such a failure...

Closing my eyes, I can only see darkness enveloping me, to a deep slumber which I will never be awaken.

"You're here." A voice called out to me. It was somewhat familiar to me. Like I heard that particular voice recently.

Is it Charlie?

[Omar's POV]

...

Huh?

...

What happened?

...

There's blood.

...

Why am I holding Annie?

...

...

...

...

..!

WHAT HAVE I DONE? WHY DID I KILL HER? She's everything I have... My only reason to live, gone...

There's no point in living anymore... I can't bring myself to live without her by my side. I'm such a fool. I should have known that it wasn't the right timing... I felt so desperate that- I didn't know what came over me...

Do it.

...

Do it. Do it.

I looked at the knife with... her blood... It's all my fault...

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

If only I didn't give in to my selfish desire... This wouldn't have happened... If only I can bring you back... But I can't...

I shouldn't have took things too fast... I didn't consider your well-being enough that... I lost control of myself. I was so selfish on my part. I regret doing this. I should have helped her... instead of hiding the truth just to be together with her. I should have prioritized her happiness over my life.

This is the only thing left I can do for you... I'll die by the very knife stained by your blood.

...

Huh?

[Reza's POV]

I should check on Veronica. She didn't come out for almost the whole day.

Opening the room, I see a knife and a journal besides her. As she looked back to me, I see cuts from her arms. Did she do this to herself?

"I... I need some... privacy..." She muttered.

"Can you... tell them... to vote me...?" She added.

"Uhhh... sorry. I can't do that." I hesitated.

She doesn't look good... and that's an understatement. She looks awful there. I mean... is she trying to kill herself? She even asked me to get her voted out...