.~. Blonde's Don't Listen .~.

.~. Maddie's P.O.V .~. 

~Earlier~ 

I threw my duffel bag over my back, walking out of the Big House.  Chiron was standing at the hill, raising his bow, sending the questers off. 

I patted Calix's neck. "Calix, could you bring me to Percy, Annabeth, and Grover? You don't have to stay, just bring me there." 

He nickered, nuzzling me, while he used his feathers to brush against my shoulders. Maybe it's just me wishing, but it felt like he would stay with me as long as he possibly could. 

I smiled, mounting up onto the golden pegasus, relishing the feeling of the wind blowing my blonde hair out of my face as Calix jumped into the sky, following closely behind Percy's ride.

~Present Time~

Percy turned around, gasping, but I pulled him onto Calix's back.

An angry wail sounded from inside of the bus, and I had no doubt that it was i-have-no-fashion-sense-Dodds. "Annabeth, Grover! GET ON!" I shouted. 

"Run! She's calling for reinforcements! We have to get out of here!" Annabeth shouted. 

I scooted up to Calix's neck, steering him with my hands as we galloped into the woods. 

.~. Percy's P.O.V .~.

I like the fact that there are Greek Gods out there. Now I have something to blame when something goes wrong. 

For instance, when your riding a pegasus away from a bus that was just attacked by hags and blown up by lightning, it's raining as the cherry on top. 

So here we are, Annabeth, Grover, Maddie (To my suprise), and me. Riding Maddie's golden pegasus along the New Jersey riverbank, the New York City glow behind us, and the Hudson smell reeking in our noses. 

Calix stopped, head hanging low, nostrils flaring wide as he sucked in lungfuls of air.  

Maddie noticed. "Alright, all of you, off. We're walking."

When we hesitated, Maddie turned around and shoved us to the ground. 

Grover didn't notice much, he was shivering, goat eyes slit-pupiled and full of terror. 

Maddie's hands, when she wasn't using them to push us off her horse, were buried in Calix's mane, occasionally glancing fearfully behind her. 

Speaking of the golden pegasus, his feathers were soaked, his white mane pasted to his neck, legs shaking after carrying all four of us through the forest at full gallop. 

Annabeth glared at Maddie for a second, then pulled us along. Saying: "Come on! The farther away we get, the better!"

"All our money was back there," I said. "Out food and clothes. Everything." 

"Well, maybe if you hadn't decided to jump into the fight-" 

"What did you want me to do? Let you get killed?"

"You didn't need to protect me, Percy. I would've been fine."

Grover cut in at that point. "Sliced like sandwich bread, but fine."

Annabeth opened her mouth to retort, but Maddie snapped at all of us. "Shut up, Grover, Shut up, Percy, just Shut up." 

It was obvious Maddie was shaken, her voice quivered. "Annabeth knows what going on. Listen to her." 

Annabeth gave her a nod, before dropping into step beside me.

.~. Maddie's P.O.V .~.

Annabeth and Percy started talking, and after a minute, Grover played a sharp note on his reed pipes.