eighteen and a half

"THAT IS THE UGLIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN."

Luke jumps, accidentally stabbing himself with a threading needle. A droplet of blood escapes, the guitarist quick to wipe it away on the side of his pants.

He turns to the sudden intrusion, Alex standing over him. Luke was hunched over, lamp directed to a table as he attempted to stitch together two pieces of worn fabric.

"I'm trying my best," Luke growls. He attempts to ward off his friend by digging his elbow into his torso, but Alex doesn't seem to mind. He squirms, but moves around to peer at it from a different angle.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm making Emmy a gift."

Alex winces.

"Don't make that face."

"I can't help it!" Alex defends. He looks at the mini orange beanie set aside. "Are you trying to make a mini version of you? No wonder it's ugly."

"Would you stop talking? I'm trying to concentrate!"

The blonde laughs loudly, causing Luke to slam down his supplies and whip around to face him. He gives Alex his undivided attention, and that's when the project became forgotten.

"What's it for?" Alex continues to probe.

Luke sighs, knowing that there was no use in trying to evade Alex's questions. "It's for when we go on tour. It's an inside joke between us."

"What's the point of it?"

Luke looks down at his sorry excuse of a creation. He rubs his thumb over it, feeling the bad quality of the fabric. Tufts of cotton stick out in the places he had yet to sew. The voodoo doll was truly the most heinous thing he had ever created, and he's written a ton of shitty songs in his life.

Still, he knows she'll love it.

"It's to make the goodbye a little easier," he states.

Luke picks up the needle, and continues.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

onlyphans:
DO YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING
ONE MORE PART UNTIL THE END IM LITERALLY EVAPORATING