16.| Let's Just Finish the Dance

Start from the beginning

"So you basically sired Rafael?" Alaric huffed. "You and I are going to have to talk about your abilities more, along with how you can't use that bonding crap unless it's necessary."

Lucas nodded. "I know. But I thought I should tell you. Now, another thing."

"What is it?"

"Can we take Jed out of the cells—"

"No," Alaric instantly interrupted

Lucas groaned. "Come on, Ric. Jed has been in there for the past month. MG literally killed Landon and he isn't locked up. I don't see how this is fair."

"Since when did you care about Jed." The man questioned

"I don't! I'm just—please." Lucas begged

Alaric nodded. "Alright. Fine. Now go get ready."

Lucas smiled before walking out. The boy wanted to find Hope, but instead, he bumped into a blonde teenage boy who he saw wave at Hope.

"Who the hell are you?" Lucas said breaking the boy out of his trancelike state.

The vampire turned around. "I'm Roman. Who are you."

Lucas's eyes widened. "Oh, you're the mom killing ex-boyfriend. That's great."

That's when Hope made her appearance behind the two, along with Landon who seemed just as confused as Lucas.

"What are you doing here?" Hope asked the blonde

"Dr. Saltzmans have been a little overwhelmed and I've been doing a little—recruiting recon for him lately," Roman explained, as he kept his eyes on Hope. "He asked me to come in today and lend a hand."

"Yeah, not sure we need help," Lucas says with a tight smile.

Roman narrowed his eyes in the direction of Lucas and Landon.

"O-oh, uh, this is Lucas," Hope says

"Her boyfriend. Who's a powerful Nephilim and son of Lucifer." Landon adds

Lucas snorted. "Thanks, Kirby."

Roman nodded awkwardly. "I better go find Dr. Saltzman."

"Yeah, you should," Lucas says

The Vampire scoffed before walking out of the room.

"I'm gonna go too," Landon adds

With that, both Lucas and Hope were left alone.

Hope turned towards Lucas. "Are you okay?"

"Of course, are you?" Lucas questions seeming worried. "I mean that's the 90-year-old boyfriend vampire ex who killed your mother."

Hope nodded. "It is. Though I don't hold him responsible for what happened anymore."

Lucas's brows furrowed. "Why wouldn't he be held accountable for that?"

"It isn't his fault." Hope shrugged

The Nephilim let out a small scoff. "Yeah. Okay. I'm gonna go anywhere but here." he says as he walked out of the room leaving Hope behind.