(18+) A Happy End

Disappearing for over three months only to come back with more smut? Yup, that's me.

~*~

"Dear god, I can't believe I didn't burn down that place when I had the chance!"

That, along the slam of the door was enough to make (Name) poke her head out of the living room.

"Jill?"

It didn't happen often that the brunette returned from work stressed or annoyed, so when it occurred, (Name) knew that something nasty must've happened.

"Oh, (Name). Sorry."

Jill took a deep breath, pushing her hair out of her face before taking off her jacket.

"Well, that's most definitely a greeting I don't want to get used to", the other female remarked with a half-smile as she came closer.

"Yes, I know... It's just..."

Before the brunette knew what happened she was already pulled into a deep embrace by (Name).

"Shush. Give me my welcome hug first before you tell me anything."

"You're right. Sorry, dear."

Jill wrapped her arms around the other female, inhaling her familiar scent. Soon enough, a wave of calmness washed over her. The closeness of her spouse always made her feel more safe.

"That's better. Now tell me...", (Name) started before letting go of her girlfriend, "What's been bugging you?"

Jill sighed deeply.

"They gave me a ton of work I most likely won't be able to finish unless I start taking overtime. Which means I won't return at the usual time. Which also means that I have to leave you here alone for most of the evening and I can't even do something about it!"

(Name) calmly waited for Jill to continue her frustrated rambling, although the sting in her heart already made clear what she was thinking about the situation.

"And of course they gave me all the work nobody else wants to do. I'm stressed even by thinking about it. I love working for S.T.A.R.S. but sometimes they just- Ugh!"

"I get what you mean", the female sighed and averted her gaze into the floor, "That's shitty. Seriously. But work comes first, I suppose."

"I wished it wasn't that way. I barely see you anymore."

Jill gave her an apologetic, somewhat desperate smile.

(Name) understood she couldn't change it, yet she truly wished her, and her girlfriend could spend more time together.

Since her and Jill moved into a shared apartment a few months prior, the brunette was at work most of the time, and even though (Name) was occupied with her own work, the evening was their little heaven of peace. Of course it hurt to know Jill most likely wouldn't be home sooner.

"It's alright, I'll manage... Also, we can still spend our time together on the weekend."

(Name) took Jills hands in hers.

"In addition to that, you're here now and that is all that matters to me in this moment as well."

"You're sweet."

The brunette leaned in to place a gentle kiss onto her girlfriends forehead.

(Name)'s heart started racing. Although they had been dating for quite a while now, little gestures like that still made butterflies rise in her stomach. The warmth that spread in her chest was one of her favourite feelings.