"Figured as much," Timor mumbled. "Okay. Well I've talked about it with Gedeon like I said before. We'll give you a new life, with proper documentation and an account with one million for you. We'll also give you a burner phone which you can contact us with anything you need for the first week before we cut the line and never come in contact with you again."

"I'll be free?" she questioned, her eyes going saucer and goosebumps rippled through my skin.

Free.

Sofia had been trapped in her own hell for God knows how long.

"It appears so, and I already made plans for everything to be done with by tonight," Timor nodded with a small smile. "And it seems Dove is the doing for your freedom."

Without another word, she flings her arms around me, trying to get close as she can with the giant baby bump squished. I had never been hugged and to be taken by surprise caused me to tense. Stiff as a board, I can only remain quiet as she sniffled, thanking me over and over. It felt comforting and warm before she pulled away, squeezing me on the shoulders lightly. "Thank you, Dove."

"I really didn't do anything," I whispered, feeling confused. When Vlad had stumbled into my vision, it felt natural to protect her, even though I didn't know the situation or what was happening. Vlad's eyes were hateful, much like my Father and Robert that I couldn't do anything. My body acted in the need to protect her for a reason.

"I have to thank him," she whispered, wiping away her tears. "It's the least I can do."

"As Gedeon said, he's not up to seeing anyone," Timor frowned.

"But you just saw him," Anastasia pointed out.

Timor chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Are you kidding me? Nah, I called that motherfucker to get this all figured out since someone has to make sure this is settled with too."

"Actually, I'm going to go so I'll let Gedeon know on your behalf," I shared. The idea had been in my head since he stormed out. The look in his eyes, anger yet disconsolate was something that had been bothering me quite a bit. I thought I was insane to send myself to one of the most dangerous men who gave clear instructions to not follow him.

Yet for some reason, his threat didn't scare me.

"Dove, I don't think that's a good idea," Aleksei said, his lips pressed together in a thin line. "He said he didn't want anyone to follow him out."

"Exactly," I agreed. "I'm not anyone,"

No, I'm a no one, a bird. A thing.

Everyone looked at one another, and I knew it was going to be a losing battle unless I did something. I racked my brain for some sort of argument or persuasion. What would Jo, the independent and ambitious sister from Little Women, do in this situation?

"I don't –"

"I am your Queen," I dared myself to say. "Which means according to Gedeon, my words are absolute...right?"

They all fall quiet at my question for a moment, perplexed. It was like they never saw me before, and I surprised myself too. I can feel the heat travel across my body but also proud I didn't just bow my head silently and accept it.

"You're asking us?" Timor said with pure amusement before turning to them. "Well?"

"I can't say no to that one," Anastasia grinned. "Gutsy."

"I don't know..." Aleksei mumbled while both of them rolled their eyes.

"Just go," Timor flicked his wrist.