❛date.❜

hayloft, mother mother.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

no one's pov:

"hey, are you ready?" draco's voice called through the common room. "yeah, hold on," y/n replied, pulling on her black hat, securing it onto her head. walking down the girl's dormitory stairs, y/n smiles at draco's nervous state. he was wringing his hands whilst peering down at his shoes, his feet shuffling every now and then.

"you nervous?" she asked, chuckling slightly. draco's head shot up and his eyes widened, "no, i'm fine. you look beautiful." she smiled brightly, "thank you, you look good yourself." he cheekily smirked and held his arm out. y/n hooked her arm around his and they left through the common room entrance.

today was saturday, one of the two days of the hogsmeade weekend, and draco wanted to have a fun day. as they made their way to the carriages, casual flirting passed between the two. once they were sat on the carriages, the invisible thestrals began walking the path up towards the cosy village.

when they arrived, draco jumped off the side and held his hand out, "m'lady." y/n giggled at his gesture and slipped her hand into his, feeling the warmth radiate from his hand, even through both of their gloves.

the snow began to trickle from the sky, painting the roofs in a white blanket. bustles of students from third year and up weaved their way around each other, in groups or just duos. smiles were etched throughout the crowd of the busy street. scarves were wrapped snugly around necks, gloves were fitted onto people's hands, coats wrapping around them - ensuring their warmth.

"where do you wanna go, my love?" draco asked, facing towards y/n. "if you don't mind, i gotta get myself some quills." he nodded and quickly pressed a chaste kiss to her cheek, the flush skin becoming redder. hogsmeade consisted of a variety of shops. they passed the hog's head inn; a pub which had a couple people coming in and out.

they finally arrived at the shop, the sign a wood brown with faded white writing, scrivenshaft's quill shop. once y/n had bought some quills, parchment and ink, and draco some wax for stamps, they were out on the busy path again, the crisp air biting at their skin. "how about we just walk around, go to a couple of shops, and then head for a drink, yeah?" y/n nodded at his plan and grabbed his hand, entwining their fingers.

the date, in draco's mind, was going great. all his nerves had disappeared and instead left this warm, giddy feeling that made him feel as though he were floating; on cloud nine. his addiction to hearing her laugh, giggle was his problem, a good problem. after looking around at the old village, they entered zonko's joke shop, not to buy anything, just for a wander through the items that were on display, to spend as much time with each other as possible.

as time passed, so did laughs. the two laughed non-stop throughout their visit. it was both their addictions, but they could never admit it.

"hey! can we go to honeydukes, please?" y/n pouted, puppy eyeing up to draco. he could never resist her, no matter how stubborn he could be. "of course, my love," he smiled, brushing his lips against her brow and dragging her through the crowd.

after a lot of complaining, money and sweets later, the couple emerged from the pink shop, the bell chiming as they opened the door to leave. the two ended up buying, well, draco ended up buying some jelly slugs, sugar quills, sherbert lemons, bertie bott's every flavour beans and chocolate frogs - lots of chocolate frogs.

huffing, y/n pulled out her wand to size down the couple of bags into one bag, which, to her reluctance, draco happily took. swinging their hands between each other, a comfortable silence took over the pair. the smiles on their faces didn't show any signs of awkwardness, just plain happiness.

entering the three broomsticks, a warm feeling could be felt throughout the pub. draco leant into y/n's ear, lighty kissing her neck, his warm breath fanning over the skin - forming goosebumps. "go find a table, i'll be back, okay?" he whispered, squeezing her hand then letting go after seeing her nod.

throughout their stay at the pub, many smiles were shared. back and forth. always etched onto their faces. their lips always twitching upwards without a doubt. their cheeks aching from all the smiling, but they couldn't care less. draco rarely smiled around hogwarts whilst y/n always did, so it was a nice occasion to see draco smiling a genuine smile.

laughs were definitely passed a lot more here than anywhere else. they had the time to have a decent conversation, jokes were made here and there. and maybe even a few flirty comments were made, but that resulted in more giggling. while sipping his butterbeer, draco accidentally snorted from a cringey flirt that y/n had said, resulting in his drink spilling down his chin. many laughs were passed after this action.

their thumbs were always subconsciously rubbing each other's knuckles. draco tended to do it more, a habit he couldn't quite admit to people that he enjoyed. he loved rubbing over her smooth knuckles, knowing it calmed her down anyway. with one hand leant over the table, the other gripping their glass, they occasionally squeezed each other's hands. affection.

their gazes were always focused at each other. draco's sole attention on y/n. her attention on him. each of their eyes held a love that nobody could deny. they loved each other, and it couldn't be impossibly clearer.

and as they left the small, cosy village back to hogwarts, draco had one thought on his mind, that was one successful date, phew.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

edit (28/08), IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! i'm 15 today :). thank you, thank you for 50k - ily guys <3! vote, comment!

amber, <3.