❛his angel.❜

warnings: dad!draco, swearing.

all the time 2, wintertime.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

draco's pov:

running through the halls of my house, i chase after my six-year-old son, scorpius. "you'll never catch me!" he shouted. his little legs couldn't outrun me though and i picked him up from behind, throwing him over my shoulder, "gotcha!" i began running the way we came while shrieks of laughter escaped his lips. he kicked his legs but eventually gave up, huffing. i smirk in triumph and let him down. he faces me and makes grabby hands, wanting to come up again. "you tired?" he nods, yawning, and rubs his knuckles into his eyes. i coo at him and lifted him up again, his legs wrapping around my waist, his head on my left shoulder facing up at me.

i smile softly at him and brush his hand-me-down platinum blonde hair away from his eyes. he smiles up at me through half-lidded eyes. "c'mon mister, nap time," i whispered, tickling his side lightly. he giggles and places his face into the crook of my neck. opening his door with my foot, i stride over to his bed and tuck in the little, mini me. he nuzzles into his covers, "love you daddy."

i melted at his softness, "love you too, blondie. go to sleep." i ruffled his hair and walked to his door, closing it softly. i jumped half a mile once i noticed my wife, y/n. "you're really good with him, dray. i think i should let some news slip." she grabs my hand, entwining our fingers. pulling me down to the living room, we sat down on the couch and i looked at her. in a trance, i gazed my eyes over her. her soft skin. her pink, plump lips. her e/c eyes, filled with happiness and love. she waved her hand in front of my eyes and giggled. i snapped out of it and leaned forward to press a firm, chaste kiss to her lips. reluctantly, she pulled away and looked at me.

"so the news," she smiled. her eyes had a familiar twinkle, i noticed. my jaw dropped at the realisation; she looked at me this way when we found out about scorpius. "you're pregnant?!" she looked startled, "how did you know?"

"you had the same look in your eyes from scorp," tears pooled in my eyes as she leant forward and grabbed my hands. i gave her a hug, her head buried in my chest. "we're gonna have another little kid, a boy or a girl, i don't care," i said into her hair. she nodded. "when do you wanna tell scorp? next month is christmas or his birthday, in january."

"christmas. personally, he'll be happy about it, i think."

"yeah, you're right," her voice muffled through my shirt. she looked up at me, "i love you." i grinned at her, "i love you too."

━time skip, christmas day.━

i woke up to the soft padding of feet down the hall and stopping outside the door. i smiled as the door opened to reveal a bright looking scorpius. "mommy, daddy, wake up, it's christmas!!" he bounded on the bed and shook y/n and looked up at me as he sat on his ankles. i grinned at him and pulled him towards me, tickling his sides as he laughed. y/n groggily laughed and ruffled his hair. "can we open presents?" he pouted. y/n chuckled and nodded at him. he grabbed both of our hands and dragged us down the stairs, us stumbling behind. he turned around and looked up brightly. "go on then scorp," i encouraged. he nodded and rustled through his presents, reaching behind the tree. he pulled out a few poorly wrapped gifts and put them in our laps. he sat on the floor cross legged, "those are for you, from me. open them first." i smiled a genuine smile at our son and began to rip open the paper. a black box stood on the paper. i opened it and tears were brought to my eyes. a silver watch with a dragon on the clock face. engraved around the rim was 'i love you daddy, scorp'. "i got grandma cissy to help me." i looked at him and he realised tears were on my cheeks. a frown tugged at his lips, his eyes becoming glossy. his voice was shaky, "do you not like it? oh, i'm sorry, i thought-"