Heathers

Ryan's friends are worried. He is spending so much more time with Chad and they don't want him to get hurt. They're not saying that Chad's a bad person, he just seems so repulsed by all the stereotypical 'gay' things. Like Ryan, but not like Ryan, because he's friends with Ryan, they think.

Well, they do things that friends stereotypically do. Get coffee, hang out on weekends, help each other with homework and talk. Like, they never used to talk before this year. Ryan is just a sweet little cinnamon roll, they don't want anything to happen to him. (If only they knew how un-cinnamon roll-is he is) Anyway. Chad and musicals. He always seems so opposed to them, they don't know what to do.

The gang were sitting at lunch. Troy and Gabriella were lost in their own world, Kelsi and Taylor were staring at each other but not trying to let anyone know they were staring. A couple of basketball jocks were there too - the nice ones - and some science nerds.

Ryan come bursting in slamming his hands down on the table. "Guys. News. The school's musical this year will be Falcettos. We just got confirmation from the office." There were cries of excitement, some of confusion, but everyone was excited. Well, mostly everyone.

"What do you think, Chad?"

"I think there was a better choice than Falcettos." Shocked since echoes across the table.

A/N: no dish at people who like falcettos, i think it's amazing.

"Like what?" Ryan said, raising a sneaky brow. Oh shit.

"Not Mama Mia. That's for fake theatre nerds. I mean, it doesn't even have it's own songs." Ryan's smirk grew bigger, but only those not paying attention to Chad could see it.

"Like Wicked, that's nice."

"It's better than nice."

"Exactly."

"What's your favourite musical, Chad?" Ryan was full-blown grinning.

Everyone expected him to say something like, 'Musicals are so gay' or 'Why would I like musical theatre', but he really said. "Heathers."

You could practically hear everyone's jaws drop in the silence. Ryan was grinning like a freaking Cheshire Cat. He grabs Chad's hand a pulls him off somewhere, blabbering about coming to the auditorium at 4 today.

"What the hell just happened?" Taylor asks.

"I don't know," Troy replies.

-

At 4pm troy, Gabriella, Taylor and Kelsi were seated in the auditorium. The opening chord to Candy Store from Heather blasted through the speakers.

Sharpay, Ryan and Chad walk onto stage, dressed as Heather Chandler, Heather Duke and Heather McNamara respectively. Mini skirts and all. yes, quite a site to behold, Chad Danforth, who everyone thought was homophobic, is dancing around on stage in a skirt.

Striking the final poses, their friends gave them a standing ovation. The slightest movement that only this writer can see from where they're sitting in the wings, the small squeeze that Ryan gave Chad's hand before going to celebrate with their friends. Maybe something will come from it, actually we KNOW something happens there, but that's a different story.

--

A/N: hi.

question: what is your favourite musical?

I was only 2 in 2009/2010, so I don't know if it accepted back then, but I see nothing wrong with it, sooooo.

Thank you for the reads and the votes. you don't know how amazing it feels when people appreciate your work. I just started school again, its my first year of high school so i won't be able to update as often.