Lucky

"Honey, it's not that sad."

"He loved him!" Ryan choked out through sobs. "And he left him! And got married! He's heartbroken!"

Ryan and Chad have just watched Call Me by Your Name on Netflix, and Ryan is a bit more distraught than Chad.

"Aren't you s-sad?" Ryan asks.

"A little."

"A little? I'm dating a cold-blooded sociopath," Ryan exclaims, but doesn't make any move to get away from him.

"No you're not. It's not sad because it makes me feel lucky. I'm sorry it was so difficult for them, but I'm thankful it was so easy for me. It was so easy for us to be together, to us to love each other. I never realised that. I'm glad. I'm really glad. I don't know what I'd do without you in my life."

"Awwww. I'm dating a big marshmallow." Ryan snuggled further into him, burying his face in his shoulder.

"Yeah, you are," Chad says, kissing the top of his head.

They sat like that, watching the credits role across the screen. They didn't notice when trailers started playing, they didn't notice when their TV turned off, they didn't notice the time getting later and later. They were just there. Together. And that's all they need.

~

A/N: Really short story. Just pure tooth-rotting fluff because why not? 🙂