The criminal and seductress

I waltz around the room with some random guy that I pay no attention to. There is only one guy in my mind and that's Leo.

 Leo is a criminal known for intruding balls and stealing things. May it be a painting or a vase; nobody really knows what he's going to steal next because there is no pattern. It may not seem like a not that big deal but he's cost my kingdom millions. Someone has to stop him and that someone is going to be me. 

I'm now in the hands of another guy who's obviously trying to bed me but I pay no attention to him. All I keep doing is scanning the room. God this would be so much easier if this wasn't a masquerade ball.

 All of a sudden I spot a man in an all white suit that wasn't here earlier. The guy is about 6 feet tall and has curly black hair with some olive skin. He matches the description of Leo. I look back to the man who's desperately trying to get into my pants and politely excuse myself. 

As soon as I'm out of that guy's view I run into the washroom and lock the door. I quickly pull up my skirt to make sure I still have my blade strapped to my thigh. Once I see it I straighten myself up and I hurry out of the washroom. I better not waste time knowing how long this guy takes to slip in and out with some heirloom.

 I scan the crowd and spot him again, but this time he's by the chocolate fountain. I decide to approach him. I move myself to be away from him but close enough that I could talk to him. God knows what sort of weapon he would be carrying during a heist. I muster up the strength to make small talk with him.

 But before I can talk to him first he asks me, "What's a pretty thing like you doing over here and not on the dance floor?" My cheeks heat up slightly from the nickname but I keep myself composed enough to tell him, "I'm tired of men casually just checking me out." He lets out a small chuckle at my bluntness which is followed by a, "Would you like to take a stroll through the garden with me instead?" I realize this is my chance to capture him and let out an eager, "Yes please." 

He put his hand on my lower back, guiding me outside. We open the great big french doors together and a slight chill of the wind hits me. He notices and gives me his suit jacket, I thank him quietly. I don't like having the enemy doing favors for me.

 We started walking through the cobblestone path together making small talk. I tell him my age but not my name. I lie to him about where I'm from though. 

We make it to a fountain at the end of the garden fairly quickly and sit on the bench together enjoying the feeling of cool air on my face after all that time inside. But I quickly come to my senses and realize that this is my chance to capture him. I come up with a plan quickly. 

I ask him, "Do you know how to dance?" He shakes his head no. I gasp, earning a faint chuckle from him. I say, "Well I'm going to teach you then" with quite an amount of determination. I put my hand in his and pulled him up. 

He grumbles out, "Do I have to?" And I sternly say yes. I put his hands on my waist. And I put mine on his shoulders, keeping a good distance from him. He laughs. And pulls me by my waist closer to him and he huskily whispers in my ear, "Don't worry I don't bite." 

My cheeks flush a light pink color and I hope he doesn't notice. He quietly laughs, which sets off a herd of butterflies in my stomach. I groan because he definitely noticed. I slowly start moving my feet and he mirrors my feet movement.

 Soon enough we're waltzing to the sound of the crickets and owls in the night sky. I relax into the moment because it's quite peaceful. I start analyzing him from up close.

 He has high defined cheekbones I can barely see through his mask. He has piercing green eyes that look absolutely marvelous in the pale moonlight that seem so much more interesting than my boring brown eyes. I can tell he's freshly shaved. He has a tattoo of a snake curling up to his neck that I can't help but wonder if he has more. And from what I can feel he seems to be muscular. 

Suddenly snapping me away from my thoughts he whispers out, "I'm sorry princess but I've got to go. Until next time." And with that he pulls back and starts walking away. I stand there speechless. 

That man had distracted me so much that I forgot that he was a criminal. 

...

What do you all think?? This is my favorite one I've written so far! Once again suggestions are open :) -M