Chapter 3- New Team (Edited 1/28/20)

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

"And then I got pork ramen to celebrate with Irukei sensei ya know!" I said summarizing how I got my headband to my sister and Minato who were cuddled up on the couch. Kushina thought it was funny and giggled the whole time I was telling the story. Minato grinned at me, proud that I was able to pass because of his training. I smiled at my sister and pounced on her and Minato on the couch.

"Oof!" They both had the air leave their lungs when I jumped on them but they were smiling at me as if I was their daughter. Kushina had heart eyes and hugged me tightly. I cuddled up to my sister, feeling my heart fill up with love. My sister was everything to me, my mother, my sibling, my mentor...I would be lost if I didn't have her by my side. I loved Minato too. In the past year that he has been dating my sister, he was nothing but sweet and fatherly to me. I needed Minato in my life too...with him and my sister always being there for me, I never had time or room to grieve about being without parents.

"I love you Kushina!" I said to my sister and she smiled brightly at me, her violet eyes shining the same way.

"I love you too Mina! I'm so proud of you, ya know!" She gushed back. I turned and smiled at the blond sixteen year old next to me.

"I couldn't have done it without you Minato. I love you too, ya know." I smiled at him. He looked a little surprised that I told him I loved him, considering I never said it to him before. Minato then had a dazzling grin that seemed to put my sister in a trance.

"I love you too Mina. Now off to bed, you have a big day ahead of you tomorrow!" I pouted and turned to look at Minato and Kushina's jonin vests laying in the corner.

"Wait, since you guys are jonins, doesn't that mean you are teaching the genin this year?" Kushina glanced at Minato but he sweatdropped and waved his hands.

"I..uh..I don't know.." He wryly grinned. Kushina flicked him on the head and he winced.

"Sorry.." He trailed off. He then looked at me while I gave him a raised eyebrow. Then with no warning, he picked me up and tickled me until I was giggling uncontrollably.

"Mi-na..to!! P-put me d-down ya know!!" I giggled. He continued to tickle me until he tossed me gently onto my messy bed.

"Bed time Mina!" Minato smiled at me. He then stood up to leave, but my small hand on his wrist stopped him.

"Wa-wait!" He stopped and looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Hmm?"

"Can I cuddle with you and Kushina until I fall asleep? I'm gonna be a real ninja tomorrow and won't be able to do it anymore ya know..." I pouted with puppy dog eyes. He sweatdropped and sighed before picking me up again and throwing me over his shoulder. He popped his head out of the hallway to see my sister laying on the couch, brushing her hair.

"Umm...babe?"

"Hmm?" She looked up. Minato had a shy smile on his face.

"Your sister wants to snuggle with us." Kushina grinned and hopped up towards us.

"Little Mina you are a trouble maker aren't ya?" I blushed and hid my face in Minato's hair.

"Someone likes you Minato." Kushina giggled. I then stuck my tongue out at my sister.

"Hey!! Back off ya know!" I protested with a big blush spreading across my cheeks. Both of them sat on the couch and I laid across their legs, cudding in with a blanket.

"Nighty night Mina..." My sister whispered.

~~

"NO WAY IRUKEI SENSEI! THERE'S NO WAY THAT A GREAT NINJA LIKE ME SHOULD BE ON THE SAME TEAM AS KAKASHI YA KNOW?!" I yelled in protest. I just found out that I am not on the same team as Tsume, Gai, or Asuma but I was stuck with Rin and Kakashi. I mean I was really excited to be on the same team as Obito... Rin was nice but he would be so focused on her that I would never have one on one time with him. I didn't want to deal with Kakashi...he was always better than me.