Chapter 36- Fifth

THREE MONTHS LATER

MINAKO'S POINT OF VIEW

Kakashi and I entered the Hokage's office per his request, only to be met with the entire board of elders and leaders of the different Konoha ninja units. Everyone looked at us as the aid walked us in, seating us next to Hiruzen.

"Thank you for coming. Fashionably late as always, Kakashi." Hiruzen cracked a smirk.

"Sir..." Kakashi spoke awkwardly at being called out.

"What's up Lord Third?" I asked Hiruzen. I heard Danzo tsk at the end of the table...just knowing he exists makes my blood boil.

"I have decided my time as being your Hokage has passed, the next generation must take over." Murmuring was heard throughout the group until the old lady coughed.

"As a group, we have voted on a particular individual to represent Konoha as the Fifth Hokage due to Hiruzen's retirement. We are here today to announce that individual." Announcing the Fifth Hokage? That sounds exciting! I wonder who it'll be?! Maybe it will be Jiraiya sensei but I don't see him wanting to be Hokage anytime soon. Hiruzen might pick Tsunade though too...

"This shinobi has proved time and time again that they have the First Hokage's will of fire running through their veins. They have the highest mission success rate in Konoha history and determination stronger than any foe they have faced. I believe in their capability and their heart with all I have. I am pleased to announce that I have selected Minako Uzumaki to be my successor." Kakashi and I froze...Did he say...me? Me?? Minako??

One day everyone will look up at me and acknowledge me! I'll become Hokage and then everyone will respect me and never call me Tomato Girl again ya know!

I am the successor to the Hokage...the Fifth Fire Shadow of the Hidden Leaf.

Irukei Sensei, Rin, Obito, Minato...

Kushina. 

I did it.

I achieved Obito's dream...I achieved my dream!!!!

I DID IT!!!!

"Do you wish to accept this position in the village?" Hiruzen asked me. I quickly responded with power and authority in my voice, as if I was born for this moment to happen. Despite the internal panic and celebration, I was cool and collected.

"With great honor, I accept the position of the Fifth Hokage." Kakashi held my hand tightly in excitement and pride before I grinned to him. I could see how happy he was for me with the way his eye lit up. I knew he was thinking of Obito.

"If there are any objections, say aye." Koharu, the old lady spoke. The room was silent before a fuming Danzo stood, slamming his fists on the long wooden table.

"AYE!" Every one turned to look at him with shock written on their faces. I have him a cold hearted glare that would freeze anyone in their steps. This was the man that stole Shisui's eye. This was the man that sent ninjas out to kill my students and me. This was the man that caused the eradication of my friends, the Uchiha. I felt the anger well up inside. Because of him, Itachi and Sasuke live with pain, anger, and vengeance pent up in their hearts. Because of him my students, friends, and family had to suffer. I've had enough.

"What are you on about this time Danzo?!" The elder lady lectured. He growled in his deep baritone voice.

"She is just an ignorant child! She does not know enough pain and wisdom to guide a village!!" I immediately stood up and grabbed the attention of the room.