May.16,1968

AMANE'S POV:

I watched the sakura's fall swiftly out of the trees,they flew down gracefully. I was currently being forced to take a test,and I didn't want to. Running on 30 minutes of sleep was not doing me good. I had stayed up all night working on the Japanese project for Tsuchigomori,I realized at 6 this morning,I need to stop procrastinating. I let out a muffled yawn as I covered my mouth,my body felt like it was swaying back and forth. Another yawn was released. "Five more minutes." Tsuchigomori admits as my eyes widen in realization. My eyes trailed to the paper,nothing was written on it. I can't even do one...Tsuchigomori is going to yell at me...I then picked up my pencil and wrote down my name and date.

I then wrote on the top of the paper: "I give up"

I laid my pencil on the desk satisfied with my answer. My eyes trailed back to the window as Tsuchigomori demanded we take our papers to the front desk. We each got up one by one and did so. I set my paper on his desk and turned on my heel"Yugi." I jumped at the older mans voice"stay here for a moment." I nodded shyly and everyone else went back to their desks. "You have five minutes left of the day. Use this time wisely...or whatever." Everyone smiled and began to chat with one another,Y/N's eyes were focused on me. A worried look was on her face,I shook my head with a reassuring smile as Tsuchigomori cleared his throat,obviously trying to gain my attention.

I took a deep breath and turned around. "I see you didn't have anything on your paper." He says"h-how'd you know that?" He gives me a 'are you kidding me?' look as I bite my cheek,staying silent. "But that isn't why I called you to stay here." He hums as I give a confused look"I called you hear to say that I want you to make good decisions from now on." That made me even more confused. "But don't I always m-make good decisions?" He stayed silent and turned to his desk"anyway,I just want you to know-"he picks up the test papers"that don't worry about what Y/N says to you. She doesn't mean any of it." I hummed"what do you mean?" He looks over to me"I know you and her have a great relationship. Don't take advantage of it." He warns"that's all." He says looking away as I nod and head back to my desk.

Don't take advantage of Y/N? Make good decisions? What is he talking about?

"What did he need you for?" Y/N hums as I walk over to her desk. "He needed to ask me a question is all." I say hopping up onto the window sill"oh ok. Hey,make sure you get plenty of sleep tonight." She tells me"I know...I will." I yawn"I'll probably be out once I get home." I joke as she giggles. "How do you think you did on the test?" She asks"oh n-not very good." I stutter out as my cheeks burn in embarrassment. "Really? You can't be negative so much. You'll put that energy out there and then you'll be in deep trouble." I shrug"so,I'll again,how do you think you did?" I sigh"failed." I mutter"huh? Why?"

"I kinda didn't write anything down." I mutter under my breath"huh?" She hums"I didn't write anything." I say louder as she screams"HUH?!" Next thing I know her hands are on my cheeks,pulling every which way. "Ahhh-staaapp!" I groan out"idiot! How can you be so dumb?! You'll fail this year!"

"Nuh-uh! Nawwwp!" She let's go of my cheeks and crosses her arms,I rub my cheeks"I won't. It was just one test." She sighs"I can't have you failing tests on me. You said you'd graduate with me." She hums"and you said we'd marry each other and start a family." She reminds me as my eyes widen and cheeks burn. "Y-Y/N! W-WE W-WERE CH-CHILDREN!" She rolls her eyes"so? What has changed between then and now?" The bell then goes off dismissing school.

"Oh would you look at that?! The bell!" I jump off the window sill and rush to my desk. I grab my bag and rush out of the classroom to find Tsukasa. When I peaked into the room,he wasn't there. "Not here." I mutter"perhaps the broadcasting room?" When I tried to open the door,it was locked. I banged on it but no answer. "Who are you looking for Amane?" I turned to see a Mokee looking at me. "Oh,you." It's been a while since I've seen the Mokee's. "Thought you guys left." I admit"nope! But what are you looking for?"

"My brother. He looks like me."

"Oh,I saw him down the hall and to your left. He seemed extremely happy." I thanked them and headed to where they said he'd be. However,when I found him,he stood in the silent hallway all alone.

"Tsukasa?" I call out as the boy jumps. "A-Amane...?" The boy turns to me,his amber eyes filled with tears,tears slipped from his eyes,like a faucet almost. "Tsukasa,what's wrong?" He stayed silent"nothing." He says turning back around as he walks away from me. "Hey wait a minute!" I call out as I go after the boy. "Where are you going? What's wrong? What happened?" I asked in a panic"nothing."

"Well it was clearly something. You're crying. Who made you cry? You can tell me anything you know that Tsukasa...I'm you're broth-"in an instant I felt a burning sensation on my left cheek,I winced in pain as I stared at my twin brother. "NON OF THIS-"he then pushes to me to the floor,my body collides with the floor as I let out a groan of pain"IS YOUR-"he then kicks me in the gut"BUSINESS!" My mouth opened as I saw blood fly out of it,I shut my eyes in pain and heard distance footsteps.

I laid on the cold floor of the school. I felt like vomiting,why did he do such a thing? He wouldn't have ever hurt me like this...it seemed like hours went by before my strength came back. I stood up as leaned against the wall,my eyes trailed to the floor,a small puddle of blood was found where my mouth was moments ago. I hobbled over and grabbed my bag as I slung it over my shoulder,I held my stomach with one hand as I headed towards the schools exit.

A/N:
yea towards the end of this "This Is Home" played so yea that explains the sadness