Dec.31,1967-Jan.1,1968

A/N:
I got to see my friend who I haven't seen since pre-COVID and I was v happy

AMANE'S POV:

The cold air nipped at my cheeks,the winter coat I was wearing had seen better days. I really needed a new one. "Mom! We're leaving!" Tsukasa screams with the door open as he steps out and shuts it behind him. "I'm so excited!" Tsukasa exclaims"aren't you Amane?!" I nod"of course I am." We make our way towards Y/N's house. "I think the snow is letting up a bit." I comment"agreed. It's kind of sad though,I liked the snow." I nod as we continue in silence. We approach the house and knock on the door,we wait for a few seconds before it opens to reveal Kairy wearing a kimono. "Hi Ami and Tsu!" She greets us with a smile"hello Kairy." I say"is your sister around?" She nods"yep! Mom's helping her into her kimono!" Kairy kimono was a simple blue and white kimono,nothing to special. It contrasted nicely with her jet black hair. "Please come in!" We nod and follow her inside,taking off our shoes and waiting for her on the couch.

"Nee-Chan! Ami and Tsu are here!" She calls up the steps"be there in a sec!" Y/N is heard though her voice is a bit muffled. "Kairy,are you excited about tonight?" She nods and spins around on her heel"yep! This is my first time going to something like this!" Tsukasa smiles"it's fun! You'll like it!" Footsteps are heard and we turn to see Y/N descending the staircase. She wore a blue kimono which was matching her sisters,instead of white she had light purple. Her hair was put up into a bun(if you have short hair ignore that)and on top was placed a purple flower. "Hello A-Amane and Tsukasa." She greets,her cheeks a light pink hue.

Tsukasa stands up and rushes to the girl"Y/N! You look fantastic!" He grabs her hands"spin! Spin! Spin!" Y/N laughs and spins around to get a full view of her kimono. "It's so pretty!" She nods"thank you. I'm not really comfortable in it though,I feel exposed." Y/N has always been insecure about her body,anything like a dress she didn't like. Of course she'd wear them when needed(school,events etc)but she didn't like it. Y/N's mom then came down the steps,she wore just wore regular clothes. "Is everyone ready?" She hums"yep!" Kairy exclaims"alright,let's get going. We don't want to be to late." She walks over to the table and grabs her keys. "Oh,hello Amane and Tsukasa." She greets"thank you so much for tagging along." Tsukasa nods"no problem!"

We skip on out shoes and get into the car. "What is everyone hoping to happen next year?" Y/N's mom starts"I want to have a prince!" Kairy exclaims,raising her hand. "I bet that will happen Kairy." Her mom smiles"how about you three?" Tsukasa speaks up"I want to make friends!" Oh right,Tsukasa didn't have many friends. He only ever hung out with us and one other kid,it's more than me. "You Amane?" I hum"I want everyone I love to be happy." I feel my cheeks burn"how sweet of you. And Y/N?" She stays silent looking out the window. "Y/N?" Her mom calls again"hey,Y/N." Tsukasa whispers shaking her a little. She jumps and looks to Tsukasa"h-huh?"

"Your mom wants to know what you wan your next year to look like." Y/N nods and glances back at the window"I want dad to be home more often." After she said that,the car went into an awkward silence.

We finally arrived at the festival,it was lively and full of laughter and chatter. Even though it was only 11:30 there were so many people. We walked up to the festival entrance and Y/N's mom turned around"Kairy,you're staying with me." Kairy nods and she turns to us"you three,do whatever you want but make sure you're back here by 12:10." We nod and Y/N's mom grabs hold of Kairy's hand. "Let's go Kairy."

"What should we do first?" Y/N asks looking around. "We should go get a fortune." I suggest"sure,why not?" We make our way over to a fortune booth,people were lined up to receive their fortunes. Thankfully,it didn't take long. "Let's see what I got." Y/N says opening the paper: "'you are to receive good news'" she frowns"that's like the most basic one." Tsukasa puts a hand on her arm"maybe you're dad will come back,perhaps that's the good news." She shrugs"I guess so." I could tell she was disappointed"how about you two?" Tsukasa tears his open,and accidentally rips the paper in half in the process. "Ah! I broke it!" Y/N shakes her head with a smile"you have to be more careful Tsukasa." He sticks his tongue out playfully before sliding the two papers together. "'Beating around the bush will be your downfall.'" Tsukasa reads aloud. His brows furrow"what does that even mean?"

"Better than mine." Y/N admits as he nods"and you Amane?" I open my carefully,careful to not tear it. "'But it is not your fault." I read"oh that sounds bad." Y/N says with worry laced in her voice"I hope it's not." We put our fortunes away"how about we go play some games? I saw a ring toss game over there." Tsukasa says pointing in the direction"sure!"

We played games for a while. I had won two stuffed animals,a frog and rabbit. Y/N had won a giant stuffed bear she named Pete and Tsukasa had won nothing. "This sucks." Tsukasa pouts"it's ok Tsukasa. I can win you something." Y/N offers as he groans"that's not the point!" Y/N giggles"it must be close to midnight by now. The fireworks should be starting soon." I nod and look around. I want to find that girl,she must be here,right? "What you looking for Amane?" Y/N asks"o-oh-"I turn to her"I was hoping I'd see someone from my past here. When I first went to a festival,I found a girl with really big daikon legs. I was hoping she'd be here." Y/N lets out a 'aw' "did you like her? Was it love at first sight?" I blush at the thought,I remembers how she kissed me. "N-No."

"Liar! I know you're lying!" She continues"but calling someone 'daikon legs'? That's a bit rude." I shake my head"she did have daikon legs! A-And her hair was the color of one to!" Y/N laughs"I'm just teasing you." That's when a 'boom' was heard in the background. My eyes stared up at the night sky to see the colorful firework"they started!" Y/N grabs my hand and I grab Tsukasa's. "Let's go and find a place on the lawn to watch!" We ran towards the lawn and stared up at the fireworks. The bright colors were mesmerizing to look at,I found myself looking at Y/N though. She glowed in the light,she was blinding to look at.

She was just so pretty.

Perhaps even prettier than the daikon girl.