Jan.10,1968

A/N:
Woah 70 reads? Thx yall

AMANE'S POV:

"Wow that looks good Amane." Y/N comments pointing at my bento. "Oh thank you?" I question"you're welcome!" She then looks around"where's your brother?" She asks"oh,he's sick. He's at home right now." She nods"I see. That's sad." I shrug"I might get sick though." Y/N frowns"I hope not." She opens her bento box and starts to eat. "So,what are you doing this weekend?" She asks"probably staying home working on homework." I answer"why?" I see her cheeks turn a light pink hue"o-oh uh...n-no reason." She looks away"hey Y/N?" She turns to look at the boy who was approaching us"what's up?" I looked to see a unknown boy. "Kento-senpai wants you." Her eyes widened"him? Why?" He shrugs"o-ok." She stands up and starts to pack up her bento. "I'll be back Amane." She waves goodbye,grabbing her bento and following the boy out of the room.

I sigh. Now I'm lonely once more. I quickly finish my bento and start on my science homework. I mutter the questions to myself as I write down the answers. "Loser. Hey!" I feel someone tug at my hair"hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you!" I look to see Horishiro Aoi"w-what?" I stutter out"don't you dare talk back to me!" She pulls me close to her"from now on,you're doing my homework." She tells me"and if you refuse I'm going to beat you. Got it?" I nod shyly"good." She drops me on the floor as I let out a groan. She shoves the notebooks into my face"I better get these back by this afternoon." I nod and she flips her hair and walks off. "What a b*tch." I mutter to myself as I sit up. I sigh"why is it always me?"

I stand up and set the notebooks down on the table. Guess I should stop working on my homework and put away Horishiro's,I don't want Y/N finding out. I went over to my desk and realized that my bag was gone. Great. Someone took it. "Looking for your bag Amane?" I turned to see a group of three boys,one of them held my bag teasingly. "Can I have it back?" I asked as they laughed. "Of course you can." I walk over and try and grab it,but they held it up high. "Aw come on,just grab it. It's right here." People always used my height against me. Almost everyone in my school was taller than me,I want to be taller. I jumped to try and grab it but they only laughed at my misfortune. "Poor Amane can't reach it!" One of them laughed"you want it?" The one holding my ban teases as I nod.

"Yes. Now give it to me!" He smirked"if you can catch me." He then ran out of the classroom"hey!" I called out after him. I chased him to a hallway with a dead end,I was happy knowing he was cornered. There was no way for him to run off or anything,the only solution was to give it to me. "Seems you won." He then glances behind him"whoops." He snickers as I rush over to see my bag hanging from the tree outside the window. "No!" I turned to see the boy gone. "How am I going to get that?" I asked myself staring down at the tall tree.

The bell then rang indicating that lunch was over. I slid down the wall"I can't go back to class. Tsuchigomori-sensei will kill me...!" I mutter to myself as I run my hands through my hair. "Guess I'll be skipping." I watched the hallway fill with students rushing to get back to their classes. Once it died down,I headed towards the schools exit.

The snow had disappeared outside only leaving the cold. I shivered and walked over to the tree that held my bag. I looked up to see my bag hanging from one of the branches. "I can't climb that." I say to myself staring up at it. I looked around and the outside was empty. I sighed and grabbed one of the lower branches and hoisted myself up onto it,I continued to climb up and I finally grabbed it. "I got it. Thank goodness." I was proud of myself,I had never climbed a tree before. I looked down to see the ground below me"o-ok...th-this is why." I stuttered out as I heard my heart clambering against my rib cage. I wasn't scared of height per say,but I didn't like it either.

"How am I going to get down? One wrong move and it's all over for me..."I dropped the bag to the ground and I heard hit the ground with a soft 'bam'. "On the count of three I'll jump." I tell myself"one...two..."my hands didn't let go of tree. "Yea not happening." I sigh"I guess this is how I'll die." I had accepted my fate. I was ok with this. "Hey! You up there!" I looked down to see a girl with short red hair and glasses,she was looking up at me. Up here she looked small. "You should be in class!" I nod"I-I know,but I-I'm kind of stuck."

She huffs"I'll have to write you up." She tells me"shouldn't you be in class?" I ask her as she crosses her arms staying silent. "Just say you don't have an excuse." Her cheeks turn a light pink"come down from there!" She quickly yells"didn't I already tell you?!" We bickered back and forth for a while until I heard a snapping sound from under me. "Oh no." That's when the branch snapped and I fell onto the ground.

I groaned in pain,my hands were bleeding and I was littered in cuts and I knew bruises would form soon. "Finally you're down. Now,I have to report you to the-"I sit up and stare at my bloody hands. There's no way I can hide this from Y/N. "Are you even listening to me?!" She groans and grabs my hand,causing me to let out a hiss of pain. "Oh. I know you. You're Amane Yugi." She says as I nod. "Everyone talks about you. About how good of a punching bag you are." I stayed silent,I knew a hit or anything for the matter was fixing to come. I just knew it! "Well..."she drops me and looks at her now bloody hands"I still have to report you. Whose your teacher?"

"Tsu-Tsuchigomori-sensei." I mutter"oh him? I see. Well,come along now." She ushers me to follow her. I sigh in defeat as I grab my bag and put it over me. We walk into the school and make our way towards his classroom. She slides open the door once we arrive,the class looks over to the us along with Tsuchigomori. I felt my nerves act up as my cheeks flush"what is it?" He asks"I have brought one of your students. He was skipping class." Tsuchigomori moves his head a little to look at me. I knew his eyes were lingering on my cuts,bruises and blood. "Yugi..."he whispers to himself as he lets out a sigh.

"Thank you for bringing him here. You may return to class." She nods and walks out of the classroom,leaving me at the door. Tsuchigomori sets down the chalk and turns to the class"everyone please read the next sections to yourself. Up to paragraph 10." Despite him telling the class that,everyone was still looking at me. Tsuchigomori gestures us outside of the classroom.

I lean up against the opposite wall as Tsuchigomori shuts the door. "Why were you skipping?" Is the first thing he asked"w-well..."I look down"I-I wasn't r-really going to. B-But I-I had a run in w-with a few b-boys." I stuttered out"they t-took my bag and threw it out a-a window." Tsuchigomori sighs"and it took you almost a whole hour to get it back?" I nod. I knew he wasn't believing my story. "Yes. It landed in a t-tree. And I got stuck in it." I bow"I'm sorry."

"I see..."he trails off"go to the nurses office and get fixed up. I'll have L/N tutor you. You two do live by each other,correct?" I nod"good." He turns around and places his hand on the door"now get going." I nod and rush to the nurses office.