Chapter 11: How we came to be

Start from the beginning

Luna blinked. This bad, huh?

„From the looks of it she threatened to shove something down your throat... your scepter I guess."

Philip averted his eyes, he would be blushing if it weren't for his burnt skin.

Susie's jaw dropped. Danny put a finger under her chin and lifted it back up.

„Mika has... a hard time expressing certain emotions. So she covers some of it up with anger. The last time she was this unruly mad-" Luna bit her lip, terror was evident as the memory flashed by. „Let's just say it wasn't pretty."

„We should talk to her." Danny piped in.

„No."

„But we think it would really help her." Susie backed her boyfriend up.

„No, not when she is like this." she shot it down again.

„We can't just let her stay like this!" Susie pouted, earning a chuckle from her partner.

Luna crossed her arms, closing her eyes. „Believe me I really, really don't wanna see Mika like this as well but-"

As she opened them again she was met with Susie and Danny trying their best puppy dog eyes. Philip was next to them looking at her pleadingly.

„It'll end bad." she muttered and ran a hand trough her light hair. „Alright, don't let me stop you."

„You won't come?"

„We could really use your help on this one."

Luna inhaled and exhaled deeply. She really didn't want to meet her sister when she was in such a bad mood. She could still faintly smell the blood coating them on that day.

A hand was softly put on her shoulder. Luna looked at the owner of said hand.

The mud around his burned flesh cracked a bit as he moved his mouth and formed words. „Please."

For his normal snarls and ragged breathing, his voice was pretty light.

Luna closed her eyes and nodded, biting her lip.

This is gonna end bad.

It in fact almost ended bad for Laurie. The Blight had already gotten a hit on her once and now she was limping through the shallow woods between the gates to the domains.

Her gaze frantically searched for a way out until she spotted a gate slightly open. Without thinking she slipped through the small crack and stumbled to the ground right as the Blight swung at her through the crack.

The tip of his weapon caught her arm and dragged her back up. In a panicked frenzy she grabbed the glass shard from her pants backpocket and stabbed it right in the Killers hand.

Shuffling back against a bunch of concrete blocks, Laurie took deep, frantic breaths as she watched the Blight pluck the shard out of his hand and forcing the gap of the gate open wider.

He growled and snarled, getting himself through the crack and stared down at the shivering female.

Laurie had survived her brothers onslaught all that time ago and still she was utterly terrified of the Blight. He was monstrous and ruthless and his Mori is one of the most uncomfortable things she ever had to experience.