Protection

*Olivia's POV*

"Have you found my real dad yet?" Blake asked.

I didn't really know how to answer her question. I didn't want to lie to her but I didn't want her to know the truth either. But either way, she was going to find out one way or another. I had been lying to her every since she asked me to find him and it was time for me to stop.

I sat up and looked her dead in the eye. I pursed my lips as I got ready to tell her.

"Blake, I haven't exactly found him yet," I sighed. She looked at me and cocked her head to the side.

"You haven't even tried to look, have you?" She squinted her eyes at me, searching for an answer. I took a breath. I knew she was going to be upset at me, but I had done it to myself so I needed to deal with the consequeces.

"Not exactly," I whispered.

"What do you mean not exactly? You told me that you were looking for him. You lied to me?" Blake stood up from the couch and a single tear slid down her cheek. "I thought I could trust you," her voice shook. "You're a liar,"

"You can trust me. It's just that I had to get myself together for whatever the results might be,"

"You always make everything about you!" she yelled. "What about me? You don't understand how much this means to me!"

I reached out to her but she quickly moved away. "Blake, I'm sorry. I just want to protect you and I don't want you to get hurt,"

"Why are you always trying to protect me!? Where was your protection when that man kidnapped me and raped me!? Where was your protection when Brittany bullied me at school? Where was your protection when I slit my wrist in the bathroom!? Oh yeah, it was at work!" she shouted. "So you can take you, your protection, your lies, and whatever other crap you have to offer back to work!" Blake stormed off to her room and slammed the door.

I rolled my eyes and laid back down on the couch. I cursed under my breath as I ran my fingers through my hair. I deserved every bit of what she had said. Instead of being a considerate mother and considering her feelings, I looked over them. "Gosh, you're so stupid, Olivia," I mumbled to myself. My selfishness had caused all of this. I wanted to talk to her but I needed to allow her space and time to calm down because no matter how true her words were, Blake didn't really mean that. I called Elliot to come over becase he'd know exactly what to say.

*

Twenty minutes later, I heard a small knock at the door and I knew it was Elliot. Without looking out the peephole, I opened the door. Elliot was there and he was in his pajamas. He had a bottle of my favorite wine in his hand. "I figured you'd need this, ya know, just to take the edge off,"

I welcomed him in and he took his coat off. We laid on the couch together and he pulled me on top of him. I rested my chin on his chest and he kissed my forehead. He shoved his hands down my underwear and rested them on my bottom.

"So tell me what happened. Tell me how you managed to ruin a girl's perfect night," he smirked.

"It's not funny," I pouted. "I'm a liar," I said. I explained to him what happend and how I lied to Blake. I told him everything she said and how horrible I felt because of it. "And Blake was right," I sniffled.

"No, Liv. You just want the best for her. But you can't protect her from the truth. She wants to know, so don't keep it from her. It might give her some type of comfort knowing who her real father is. You'll never know until you try,"

"But what if he tries to take her away from me? Or what if she wants to go live with him? Then where does that leave me?"

"Baby, there you go making it about yourself again,"