Chapter sixty four - Asgard

Comincia dall'inizio

"I know that we'll all be fine." you said, laying the items you'd chosen out on your bed and closing your eyes. A second later Valkyrie's clothes which you had been wearing were on your bed and you were wearing your own clothes.

That's much better.

You were ten times more comfortable in your own Asgardian-made gear and armour; your cape swished familiarly down your back as you picked your baldric back up and swung it over your head to rest across your torso.

"Are you getting changed?" you asked, looking at his Sakaarian outfit in concern; it didn't look overly protective.

"No, I only need this." he told you, his golden horned helmet appearing in his hand. You smiled.

"Of course."

"We should get you one of these." he told you, spinning it around and placing it on your head gently. It was way too big and slipped down to cover your eyes, making you both laugh.

"It's too heavy." you said, pushing it back up so that you could see Loki, who looked oddly bright eyed all of a sudden. You took his helmet off of your head and put it on his instead.

"Better." you told him. He smiled and pulled you towards him. You let him.

It'll be okay.

You didn't know who you were trying to convince more, you or him.

"I'm seriously considering locking you in that wardrobe until this is over." he told you, his chin resting heavily on your head. You smiled.

"I hate that you worry about me so much."

"I can't help it." he replied defensively, "You don't know how it-"

"How it felt when I died, yes, I know." you finished for him. You'd had endless conversations about it; how it'd felt for him. You prayed that you would never have to experience the same thing.

"Hela is ridiculously powerful. I don't know how we're going to beat her." he told you. You pulled away from him and looked out of the window into the courtyard where the Commodore was sat.

"Hopefully we won't have to face her. We just need to get everyone out of here." you replied.

But how?

I told Korg to follow us through the wormhole on the biggest ship he could find. We have to hope that he listened and made it out of Sakaar.

That was clever of you.

I hope so.

You both stood for a second, knowing you should return to the ship but not wanting to leave the security of your familiar room. In fact... suddenly the strongest feeling came over you; one that you couldn't explain at all. One look at Loki showed that he felt it too.

Something feels... weird.

I know.

What is it?

Loki was frowning; looking past you into nothingness. When he met your worried gaze it was with concern.

Something bad.

What?

"It's... our soulmate connection." Loki replied. You followed his thought process: I don't think we should go out there. It's too dangerous.

Why? Do you think...?

It's trying to tell us something, and it's not something good.