He doesn't go home yet, however. When the clock strikes 6, he stays in the office.

And like routine, he stays there and stares at the monitor of his father's computer. He stares at Saemi's social media profile, which hasn't been updated for ten months. Her last post is a picture of her playing with Ttalgi.

He recalls being the one who took it.

He then sighs and clicks the next tab, an empty box at the lower right of the screen that says New Message staring right back at him.

For months, he's been contemplating whether to send an email to the Kims or not. He wants to ask them about Saemi, but he's not confident that they'd reply to him.

He hasn't been on any dinner meetings with them, only his parents. He thinks they must dislike him now, especially after learning about the cause of their fallout.

After a few more minutes of staring into the harsh light of the computer screen, he finally turns it off. His head is starting to ache.

He brings out his earphones and listens to music on his phone, proceeding to leave the office. He doesn't even care about his looks anymore, only carrying a simple backpack with him. The employees stand up and greet him but he just ignores them and walks straight to the elevator.

He didn't feel like driving today, so he has one of their drivers pick him up in the lobby. When he's inside the car, he looks at Saemi's profile once again on his phone.

He stares at her last post, reads the caption over and over, and just admires her smile on the candid shot.

He's longing for her. Not his childhood friend, not his ex-fiancée, just her.

He wants to send her a message, hoping to get a reply, even though he knows he won't.

And he doesn't know where he gets the courage, but his fingers just fly across his phone screen and in a matter of seconds, he's ready to press Send.

His heart beats fast as his thumb hovers over the button, but then it slows down when he erases the words and exits the app.

He sighs heavily.

She must've moved on now, he thinks.

Saemi thinks her phone vibrated on her desk

Saemi thinks her phone vibrated on her desk. When she looks at it, she only sees her wallpaper, which is a picture of Ttalgi with two hands holding him.

The owner of the hands are not captured in the frame, but she remembers clearly whom they belong to: her ex-fiancé's.

She tells herself that she set it as her wallpaper only because Ttalgi looked so adorable in it, nothing else.

She dismisses any oncoming thoughts of him and looks at the time instead. It's 6:33 in the evening and she's waiting for the time to pass by before a certain someone arrives.