1

Chapter 1

Luna

Looking at the deer in front of me, I took out my bow and arrow and aimed towards the deer. I released the string and seconds later, the deer fell limp on the ground.

After gathering more food, I headed home where I can see Dexter sitting at the porch of the orphanage.

Yes, I am an orphan. I am currently 16. Dexter is a few months older than me.

“Got something interesting?” Dexter asked me after he saw me walking back from my hunting trip.

“Yeah, I got some deer and some rabbits. I also got some berries and apples I found in the forest.” I said unloading the cart that holds the food I brought.

“Oh good. I'll bring it to the kitchen and start dinner. Niana will be back shortly from her job.” He said taking the goods towards the kitchen.

“Oh, you stink by the way.” He said smirking at me, I just flipped him off.

Here in the orphanage, our care taker is too old to take care of us properly so we took the responsibilities to our hands. The oldest are Niana and Camron who's 19. They stayed at the orphanage to take care of the younger ones even after they turned eighteen.

Night came and the table is already set, we're just waiting for Dexter to serve the food.

Dexter set the meat stew on the table, some started eating while some started talking about their days.

“You two planning on joining the selection?” Camron asked looking at me and Dexter.

Dexter and I are the only ones who knows about combat and swordsmanship. We both trained at the early age because we just find the subject fascinating.

“What do you mean?”  Jackson asked, age nine, along with his twin brother, Carson.

“Every 5 years, Dragon riders come to every village and recruit new potential Riders. Teach them magic, control their elements and how to ride their dragon.”

Oh, I remember that time when I was 11, those riders who came choose people from 16 to 20 years old

“Really!?” the twins shouted.

“Mhmm. I remember watching the people walk one by one towards the dragons that's aligned. You'll know your element if one or two of those dragons bowed down to you, but if one didn't then you're not just one of them.” Camron said the continued.

“There's Red Dragon represents Fire,

Dark Blue Dragon represents Water,

Green Dragon represents Nature,

White Dragon represents Wind,

Silver Dragon represents Light

And Black Dragon represents Darkness.”

“It was exciting indeed. Even though you're not one of the contestants, you'll feel goosebumps creeps around your body.” Dexter said reminiscing the time both of us were watching the selection 5 years ago.

Camron continued.

“There's this ancient story that there's a violet dragon. This Dragon holds the Six Elements but no one has seen nor proved that this story is true, or maybe, no one lived to tell the tale.” Camron said finally ending his story.

Dinner came to an end and it's now time for bed, but I cannot seem to fall asleep. I lay on my bed fully awake pondering every word Camron said at the dinner table. My thoughts came to halt when I felt drowsy and sleep finally consumed me.

Soon little one.”

Morning came pretty fast and Dexter and I are sparing at the wide clearing behind the orphanage.

“So sis, are you joining the selection?” Dexter said, making a jab at my right side but I was able to dodge the blow and retaliate with a punch towards his left side

“Yes, I'll be joining the selection.” I said breaking his defenses and punched high on his nose.

Which I'm pretty sure that it's now broken.

Edited :)
February 04,2022