72 ; all bark and no bite

Start from the beginning

Daphne, Theodore, and Blaise watched as Y/N unfolded the clover and read aloud,

Dear Misses Y/N Grace,

We (Ilvermorny School) hope you find this letter in good health and safety, at your school over in Britain.

We are pleased to invite you, your brother, and your fiancé to Ilvermorny's annual school ball, which will take place December the twenty-third, the day before Christmas Eve. It is hopeful that you'll be able to make it, but we will be just as pleased to meet your acquaintance if you cannot. Please regard this letter as a friendly connection between the wizarding schools of Hogwarts and Ilvermorny.

Best Wishes,

Agilberta Fontaine, headmistress

"I think we should go," Draco said from behind Y/N, and she jumped, having not heard him come up behind her. His face was right next to her, looking down at the parchment with interest.

"Well first we've got to get approval from Professor Dumbledore –"

"Darling, you can literally buy him."

"It's common courtesy, Draco."

Draco's eyes rolled as he stood straight, looking to the ceiling before glancing down at Y/N. He said, "Fine. Come on, then."

And he grabbed her wrist, dragging her out of the common room.

"I don't want to go," Anthony groaned the next day, after Y/N, Draco, Professor Dumbledore, and Professor McGonagall had made all the arrangements. Y/N looked up at her, giving him the stink eye.

"And why not?"

"Because" – he suddenly blushed, looking everywhere except his elder sister – "IwannaspendChristmaswithGabrielle."

Y/N grinned, having heard every word.

"Well – now that I think about it – I guess I don't particularly mind spending four days with Draco in America," she said happily, ignoring the burning glare he was giving her.

"If you make me an uncle at thirteen I'm beating the shit out of Malfoy, I don't care that he's your fiancé," he growled, pounding his fist into the sofa.

"Oh, shut up and watch that mouth of yours," Y/N said, rolling her eyes playfully and standing. "We don't even do anything — even if we did, it's none of your business anyway."

"It most definitely is!" he called, as she ran up to her dorm to pack.

Considering that the twenty-third was less than a week away, she and Draco were going to leave that day, taking one of the school's hippogriffs to the designated wizarding airport, which was all the way in London. Y/N didn't particularly fancy the idea of a few hours' flight with Draco and Draco alone, but for the sake of School Unity, she'd bite.

"Draco! Hurry up slowpoke, I'm ready to go!" Y/N whined at the bottom of the boys' staircase. She was all packed and ready to go, and the bitch was taking forever.

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Make me! You're the dumbarse who wanted to go on this trip!"

Draco suddenly appeared at the top of the staircase, eyes blazing down at Y/N.

"I'll make you go mute, alright, if you keep up that fucking attitude," he rumbled, slowly descending the stairs. His eyes never left Y/N, and she had the sudden urge to pretend like she wasn't just being a brat. "Put that damn potty mouth to better use."