Dreaming

𝐼 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑠𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑠 𝑎𝑠 𝐼 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦, 𝐼 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑎 𝑐𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝐴𝑙𝑒𝑥. 𝐻𝑒 𝑟𝑎𝑛 𝑢𝑝 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑏𝑏𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑚 𝑝𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑠𝑢𝑝𝑝𝑙𝑦 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑙𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑜𝑢𝑡ℎ 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑓𝑓𝑙𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠. 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑙𝑒 𝑠𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑙𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑟𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑏𝑜𝑡ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑠...

Meredith POV
I woke on the couch with hot tears streaming down my face, Cristina was petting my hair while on the phone with someone "Hold on Derek, She's awake now," She hung up the phone and smiled at me, I could tell it was forced. "Your up, are you ok? Do you wanna talk about it?" She asked concerned. "I'm fine," I said while wiping the tears of my cheeks. She knew I wasn't fine but there was awkward silence as she stared at me, I couldn't take it anymore. I ripped the blanket that was thrown across my body and threw it on the floor and ran up the stairs to the bathroom, I stood over the toilet and Thought I was going to vomit, but I just sat there and panted. Then I felt my throat retract and I puked up almost completely white and clear liquid. I started at the clock above the mirror and sighed, I knew Derek would be coming home soon.

Cristina POV
I was about to follow Meredith up the stairs but I thought she might need some space. So I decided to occupy my mind and call owen, "Hey Cristina you ok?" Owen asked. "Yeah, just bored, when will you be home?" I asked. "I'm just about to leave the hospital why?" Owen asks, "On your way home will you pick me up? I'm at Mer's." I said "Yes for sure, Will Mer be ok?" He asked. "Yes she should be fine." I assured him. I could here the relief in his voice as he sighed when he made sure we were fine.

Meredith POV
I walked out of the bathroom when I heard Owen downstairs picking up Cristina. I walked into the kitchen now that I was home alone. I look to my right and saw the utensils laying on the drying rack above the dishwasher. I just stood there and breathed heavily, then it was just an impulse for me to immediately grab a steak knife and run up to the bathroom locking myself in once again. I don't know why I grabbed it but I did. I stared at my wrists then I looked at myself in the mirror.

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑛. 𝐼 𝑠𝑒𝑒 2 𝑚𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚 𝑎𝑠 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐴𝑙𝑒𝑥 𝑎𝑒𝑒 𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚, 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑤𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑎𝑡 𝐴𝑙𝑒𝑥 𝑐𝑟ying into my shoulder...

I looked myself in my eyes staring into my ocean green orbs and saw droplets falling from my watery eyes. I stared at the clock count seconds the just grabbed my arm without thinking and I cut.

Derek POV
I looked at the clock counted the minutes as so filled out charts at the floor 3 nurses station. Only 35 more minutes till my shift ends then I get to go home to Meredith. I stare at the charts and think. What could be going onat home right now? Then I panic. What if shes hurt?! What if she's scared and alone having another bad dream? I start to hyperventilate. I slowly slide onto the floor and feel myself melt down, I sit on my knees trying to calm down and stare blankly at a couple of nurses helping me up. I walk into chief Webber's office to calm down as he sits next to me and hands me a glass of water. "it's okay Derek just calm down."chief says. "It's okay, I'm ok, 'I breath deeply' is it ok if I go home a little early? I need to check on Meredith." I ask,"oh uhm, yes that should be fine." he states. " thank you so much Richard." I grab my coat and rush out, quickly heading towards the house.