7

tw: physical and verbal abuse.
skip this chapter if you don't want to read the content.

as jaemin parked his scooter, looked in the direction of his house. it wasn't considered too large, but it was the largest in the neighborhood. he didn't think anything special of it though. in no way was it ever his home.

jaemin's parents wouldn't be home on a normal day, so when he saw both his mom sitting at the desk and his dad reading some files, it certainly took him by surprise. 

he mumbled out an incoherent greeting, which didn't go unheard by his mother. 

"where have you been?" she demanded in her usual cold tone. 

"out."

he started to make his way to his room, but was interrupted. "out? like a party?"

why do you even care?

jaemin left his mother's question unanswered, which his father wasn't too pleased about. 

he started yelling and cursing at his own son about ignoring his mother.  "you have a test the next day, and you were out at a fucking party? if you don't study then how are you supposed to get good grades?"

jaemin could only stand there, his feet refusing to budge. he couldn't tune out the harsh words spilling out from his parents' lips. emotions swirled inside of him, and as much as he wanted to leave the scene, part of his brain was telling him that he deserved it, he deserved all of it.

"honestly, i wish i never had you!"

and that was it.

that's all it took for a fire of shame and anger to burn under his skin, followed by a deep emptiness that filled his heart. he could no longer hold the seams together as his breath hitched and his knees grew weak.

as he sank down on the floor, a loud crack echoed as his neck jerked to the side. 

red-hot tears ran down jaemin's face, each one carving furrows into the tender flesh of his face, stinging from his father's slap.  

with all of the strength he could muster up, jaemin screamed, "then why do you fucking care?" 

he collected himself, knowing he literally wouldn't be able to handle it if he stayed any longer. all he could see was red and the last thing he wanted to do was become like his parents. 

before he could inflict any harm, he stomped up the stairs and slammed his door, raggedly breathing. the tears were still brimming at the surface, causing his vision to be blurry.

stumbling over to his nightstand, he grabbed the bottle of pills and swallowed two. not even seconds after, he climbed into his bed and sobbed, his figure violently shaking under his covers. 

no one deserves abuse, mental, physical, verbal, emotional, whatever. it's very common, almost too common and i just want to let you know that i'm here for everyone who's going through the same thing.