2

aera's attention lifted from her phone, the jingle of the bell signaling a new customer. the sight of na jaemin set her smile alight, an automatic response to his presence.

"regular iced black coffee with two espressos?" she anticipated, beating him to his order.

jaemin, caught off guard, closed his mouth with a nod, a bashful smile dancing across his lips as he retrieved his card.

behind the counter, aera observed the tall man's attire, appreciating the layered hoodie and jean jacket that shielded him from the january chill. imagining the familiar ensemble of jeans or joggers, paired with his trademark white shoes—be it converse or vans—she couldn't help but admire his effortless style.

in the midst of preparing his drink, a nagging thought surfaced, a memory of haneul's words echoing in her mind. doubt clouded her thoughts briefly before she impulsively scribbled her instagram handle beneath the drink contents, swiftly handing jaemin his beverage before hesitation made her pull back.

regret settled swiftly within her, casting shadows of uncertainty as she watched him retreat to his corner, avoiding meeting his gaze out of fear of rejection.

meanwhile, jaemin, seated with the warm embrace of the café's natural light, glanced at the cup's added inscription, a genuine smile gracing his lips—a rare occurrence in recent weeks. however, noticing aera's sudden busyness, he refrained from engaging further, contenting himself with the unexpected gesture.

jaemin's excitement bubbled within him, prompting a swift consumption of the coffee. with a pen and napkin, he hastily inscribed his own Instagram handle, tucking it within a twenty-dollar bill and offering it to aera as he bid his polite farewell and departed, wrestling with his impulsive actions.

in the cafe's calm, aera, taken aback, tucked away the napkin for a moment of private inspection. to her delight, her eyes fell upon jaemin's scribble.

@jaemina

her lips curved into a secret smile as she pocketed the napkin, already envisioning the gossip shared with jeongha and haneul.

"I have to tell jeongha and haneul," she mused aloud, the flutter of excitement and anticipation coloring her thoughts as she anticipated their shared delight.