lazy day

~ ~ ~

L A Z Y D A Y

an argument turns into a lazy day with corpse

~ ~ ~

My head was buried in the pillow as I lay in bed, not wanting to move or do anything really.

I had slept for hours and somehow still felt exhausted. I was tired, worn-out and I didn't want to have to do anything today.

It has been a really rough week, and I hadn't talked to my boyfriend Corpse in two days now after we had argued, which only added to my stress.

He was angry I wasn't spending much time with him lately, but I had a really important deadline on a proposal to meet for work and had barely had time to sleep in the past week.

I didn't mean to make him feel ignored, but this was critical for my career and doing well with it could push me forward leaps and bounds, put me in a place well ahead of others my age.

If only he saw it that way.

On top of everything, I was just upset I didn't have Corpse here. When I had submitted my proposal last night I had been so immensely proud of myself and the only thing I had wanted to do was call him and tell him, but I couldn't.

A beep on the other side of my room distracted me from my wallowing.

I briefly glanced over to see my phone light up, various notifications filling the screen, but I was far too tired to reach for it and look at them.

I just wanted to lie in this bed and not move ever again. My eyes slowly closed as I drifted off back to sleep, eager for the darkness to consume me.

When I awoke I realised some time must have passed, I had fallen back asleep early morning and the sky outside my window showed to be around later afternoon.

Sitting up with a groan, I rubbed the tiredness out my eyes as I lazily pushed my hand out to pick up my phone.

4:09pm.

Wow... I had slept for a long time.

I scrolled my notifications to find I had a bunch of new unread texts from Corpse throughout the day.

Corpse☠️🖤:

Hey, I'm sorry for what
happened. Your career is
important to you and I
should support that.

I guess from your no reply
your still mad at me.

I'm really sorry Y/N.

Please just answer me, I
really wanna talk

Everyone said they haven't
heard from you today, is
everything okay?

I'm getting really worried
baby.

I'm coming over.