Chapter 30

It's been weeks, and Jungkook still is cold towards me. I've tried the whole clingy thing and it still doesn't work. I think he's probably still waiting for me to kiss him without him asking me to. I know we are just friends, but I don't like when he's all cold around me.

I'm so used to him being clingy or at least talkative all the time.

I walked downstairs to see Jungkook playing on his phone while sitting on the couch with his hood up. Everyone else in the house was scattered around the living room all playing on their phones.

I walked behind the couch where Jungkook was sitting and calmed myself. I could do this.

I put my hands on his head and titled it up towards the ceiling. I bent over so our faces were close together and quickly pecked his lips. After I pulled away, I set his head back to the way it was rested against the couch before and walked to the kitchen.

Everyone stared at me in shock as I made myself a drink. Once the drink was made, I walked over to the couch and sat a few feet away from Jungkook to see his reaction.

He was smiling widely while staring at his phone. I couldn't help but smile a little myself.

"Did I see that right?" Hoseok said with his jaw dropped. "See what?" I asked pretending to be confused. "You just kissed him." Taehyung glared at me, knowing what I was doing. "Did I?" I acted clueless. "Stop acting dumb." Namjoon rolled his eyes before leaving the house.

"Where you all going?" I asked. "Giving you and your boyfriend some alone time." Hoseok said running out of the house. After everyone left I just pulled out my phone, too embarrassed to say anything.

"So, how did my lips taste?" Jungkook asked breaking the silence. "How am I supposed to know?" I responded. "I put a mint in my mouth every damn day, waiting for you to kiss me." he pouted. "Girls don't like when guys put mints in their mouths. They like when they leave their mouths as it is." I explained. "Dammit now you won't kiss me again." he whined, shrinking down in his seat.

Later that night, we all decided to go to a theme park. Not so much the rides, but we all fit into one cart on the ferris wheel. It was a nice and cool night. It was warm, but with a slight breeze.

I looked to my right to see Jeongsan on his phone. I got a closer look to see he was texting a girl. I immediately looked away, I didn't want to invade his privacy. I looked on the other side of me, to my left, to see Jungkook smiling widely while looking at the scenery around us.

After staring at him for a few minutes, he finally looked at me and we locked eyes. He raised a brow at me with a confusion written all over his face.

I smiled as I scanned his face. I can't believe it took me this long to realize how beautiful his eyes are, and did I mention his smile? His hair just falls perfectly on his face and is the same color as his eyes. I shook my head and came back to reality.

"Sorry I got something in my eye." I said trying to play it off. "Mhm, could it be love?" Jungkook teased. "No, just an eyelash." I said glaring at him.

The rest of the night and the next day was a little awkward. I'm not sure what got into me, I just got lost in his chocolate orbs. I don't know, but today I was going to see my father. Yup, the guy who tried to kill me.

Jungkook wanted to come with to make sure he wouldn't hurt me or anything.

We arrived at a dark colored house that was hidden behind trees. There were guards outside, familiar guards though. I soon realized they were Jungkook's guards and my father most likely had been living here for the past few months.

Once I walked in the house it was pitch black at first. Jungkook lit a candle and directed me to the basement.

There my father was sitting on a chair, tied up. His body looked lifeless until we walked closer to him. He was in terrible condition, skinny and even his breathing was bad.

"We didn't do this to him. He requested to be tied up and wouldn't eat anything we gave him." Jungkook explained. "Dad why?" I asked inching closer to my father.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you. I'm doing to myself what I did to you to learn my lesson." he explained. "Please don't. You could have jsst apologized." I responded.

"I am wanted by the police anyways. I'll be on death row if they find me, it's better to just let me die." he said. "I'm gonna miss you." I said with teary eyes.

As much as I hated my father for all things he's done to me recently, every since I waa young he was my best friend. He was like any other father, played with me and everything.

He just went down the wrong path and hung ariund the wrong people. He started robbing places when I was in my early teen years. It just got worse for him from there. Alcohol addiction, armed robberies and murdering people to have satisfaction.

The Police do know that two murders were confirmed that my father had committed the crime. I felt bad for him, just now he's realizing and regretting his past.

"I love you dad, I wish you would have stopped earlier." I said placing my hand on top of his. "I love you too my dear. Tell Hoseok and your mother I love them too, okay?" he said. "Okay." I sniffed and wiped my nose. "Don't cry, be happy." my father smiled. He smiled widely and softly like he did in my childhood.

"Goodbye Y/N." my father said waving at me. "Goodbye dad." I waved and walked out of the room.