The younger panics and quickly says goodbye to his father, slamming the phone down. He's suddenly all jumpy and Taehyung gives him a weirded out look before shrugging and pecking his mate's lips.

"Who did you talk with?" the elder asks as he walks over to the kitchen counter, Jungkook now notices the two shopping bags in his hands and he metally slaps himself for not taking them from the omega.

"J-Just my dad," Jungkook replies.

"Oh, did you tell him?" Taehyung's eyes suddenly get bright and he leaves the food on the counter to look at Jungkook. The male nods and bites his lip again, swaying back and forth on the balls of his feet.

Taehyung seems to notice how stiff Jungkook is and he frowns immedietly.

"Is something wrong?" he asks.

"No, why would anything be wrong?" Jungkook quickly says, but Taehyung is far from convinced. He can feel the pain and frustration in his chest that Jungkook is sending him. That's the bad thing about being mates, they can feel everything even if they don't want to.

Then it downs over Taehyung. Jungkook talked with his father about it, but he clearly didn't seem happy. The elder's shoulders slump and he gets a pained look on his face.

"You..." he gulps slightly, "you don't want the baby?"

Jungkook's eyes widen in a instant and he rushes over to his mate, "what? Of course I want our baby it's just... I don't know how to explain it..."

Jungkook gently rubs the back of his neck as Taehyung stares at him. It's in Taehyung's dna to love children, so of course he got scared that Jungkook didn't want any. Luckily, that's not the case but what could possibly be wrong then?

"What is it?" he reaches out and grabs Jungkook's hand, "you can tell me."

"I'm just... scared," Jungkook mumbles and looks down, staring at some random dot on the wooden floor. Taehyung smiles gently and lifts his hand, placing it against Jungkook's cheek.

"What is it that you're scared of?"

Jungkook looks at him for a second and then down again. What is it? He's not entirely sure but... it just seems like such a big step and Jungkook doesn't know if he's ready to take it. Will he mess it up?

"Maybe... I'm just scared I'm going to be a terrible dad," he says. Taehyung's thumb softly rubs against his cheek, sending a comfortable warmth through Jungkook's body. It's almost a touch of assurance.

"You're going to be an amazing dad," the elder smiles brightly, "as long as you decide to love that child unconditionally, there's nothing you can do wrong."

Jungkook tries to look away, but Taehyung catches him with both of his hands.

"And you're not alone in this. I'm here for you and our baby. We will make it, okay?"

Jungkook licks his lips and nods slightly, letting himself get pulled into a tight hug. As long as they are together, everything will be okay.

The day of birth is a day Jungkook will never forget. Taehyung was in so much pain, but once the small body of their baby boy was put in his arms, nothing seemed to matter anymore. Both of them knew from that moment that they will protect and love this child to the end of their days.

___________

Three years later

"My baby!" Jin exclaims as soon as he steps inside his son's front door, seeing his small grandson running towards him as fast as his tiny legs can bring him.