010. leading him on

trigger warning

self harm

as lennon drove, vinnie made jokes the entire time. once their laughter died down, vinnie glanced at her hands that were placed on the steering wheel, noticing that she had wore a long sleeve shirt that had thumb holes to cover her wrists.

"you know you dont have to hide them" vinnie said softly as she looked at him quickly then back to the road. "hide what?" she asked. "your wrists" he mentioned.

the only reason she was really hiding them was because she didnt want to upset him with the fresh cuts along her skin and all the bruises from what had gone down at the party.

"its not exactly something to be proud of though" she said quietly. "but quitting will be" he stated. "yeah but there still there and very evident. i dont wanna walk around with people seeing them and instantly thinking they need to feel bad for me" lennon explained.

he really didnt know what to say at this point, he knew exactly how she felt, he just had no words. "see, just like that" she said while looking over at him. "im not showing you pity, this is just my face" he said as she chuckled. "yeah, lets go with that"

once they had gotten to lennons house, kio and vinnie had went into the living room while lennon had gone into sydneys room.

"whats wrong?" sydney asked. "huh?" "you look sad or something"

"im not sad" she mumbled. "len, when you and vinnie first got together, i had never seen you that happy. then the breakup happened and all that other shit but now that your hanging out again, i thought you would have been happier you know? you just dont seem as happy as you were"

"i dont know, now its like.. i dont know what im doing anymore. i feel like im leading him on and im constantly lying to him" she said, sitting on her bed. "why?" sydney asked. "i just hate that he's constantly worried about me. i've been hiding the cuts and the bruises from him because i know it hurts him whenever he sees me and thats not what i want. i just want him to be happy for once and not have to worry about me"

"im sure he just cares about you. you both are literally the same, he wants you to be happy and you want him to be happy" she explained as lennon leaned her head back. "i just dont wanna hurt him" she said softly. "lennon, everythings gonna be fine okay?"

"mhm"

(🦋)
grace rambles ~
y'all notice anything new in the
description ?? 👀