008. i'll pick you up

as lennon slowly crawled out of vinnie's hold, she glanced over her shoulder at the sleeping boy. just before she could unlink her hand, she heard him groan.

"where are you going?" he asked. "home" lennon replied softly. "stay" he mumbled. "i cant vinnie. you still have tests to run"

"im gonna be bored, i cant leave till tonight" he whined. "how about this, you text me when your ready tonight and i'll pick you up?" she said as a smile grew on his lips. "im good with that"

"i'll see you later then" lennon said as vinnie happily nodded.

when lennon got back home, she walked into her room to find her two roomates waiting for her.

"hi?" she said. "so im assuming you guys are all good again?" sydney mentioned with a slight smirk. "yeah i guess"

"what happened within those 8 hours you were gone?" nai asked, a smirk also on her lips. "uh nothing really?"

"ooo lennons lying!" sydney jokingly yelled. "so what really happened?"

"nothing, we just talked" she shrugged. "just talking, is never just talking" nai laughed. "you guys kissed didnt you?" sydney asked. "no! no we didnt kiss"

"you cuddled!" she guessed as a blush grew across lennons cheeks. "yes! this is what we've been waiting for!" they both screamed as lennon stared at the two.

"so you guys are good again?" nai asked curiously. "yeah, now i kinda have to clean my room"

"why?" sydney questioned. "because i havent cleaned it in weeks? i've been crying for like, ever and theres stuff laying everywhere"

"and its not cause vinnie's coming over?"

"no, im just picking him up from the hospital later and taking him home" she said. "mhm"

"get out" lennon laughed as the two ran out.

she began cleaning her room, something she liked to do to help cope with her emotions sometimes. when she finished, she put on some music, laid down and just closed her eyes. her quiet, peaceful time was interrupted as her phone went off, glancing down at her screen.

vinnie 🧸

vinnie 🧸
i'll be done in 15 :)

lennon 🦋
okie, omw

as she drove over to the hospital she started thinking of all the possibilities between her and vinnie. of course, he would probably just want to stay friends but, was there a possibility that they could go back to what they were?

she pulled up, seeing vinnie already waitung outside, bruises still on his pale skin.

"stop looking at me like that" he said as she laughed. "you look like an idiot" she smiled as she started the car. "you said that last night" he whined. "i know, im only stating facts"

he rolled his eyes while watching her drive, seeing the way she seemed so focused. "hey can we go to yours? i dont exactly wanna go home considering me and michael kinda the shit out of each other" he laughed as she nodded. "yeah thats fine"

she turned around before driving towards her house that she shared with nai and sydney. "so, your finally getting your braces off in a week" he smiled, looking over at her. "sadly"

"i thought it was a good thing" he said curiously. "kinda, but like, i kinda like them now" she laughed as he shook his head.

"weirdo"

she pulled into her driveway before getting out and watching vinnie do the same. as the two walked in, they heard her roomates squeal.

"i knew it!" nai yelled happily. "holy shit you look like shit!" sydney laughed as he rolled his eyes before laughing.

already embarrassed, she took vinnie into her new room, considering they moved after the breakup and vinnie hadnt seen her new house. she went into her closet before pulling out blankets and comforters.

"what are you doing?" he asked. "you can take the bed, i'll sleep on the-" before she could finish, he carefully picked her up and set her on the bed. "considering this is your house, you can take the bed" he stated.

"since we kinda cuddled last night, how about we both take the bed?" she mentioned as he smiled before laying beside her. they laid next to each other awkwardly, not really knowing what to do. "good night" she said softly as he said it back.

she pulled the blanket over the two of them before turning on her side, her back facing vinnie, and falling asleep.

when she woke up, her head was on his chest along with her hand and his arms were wrapped around her waist. she slowly back away, only to be pulled back.

"did we sleep like this?" she asked, clearly embarrassed. "well, i was still awake when you decided you were in the cuddling mood, but i mean, i didnt object so" he smirked while holding her hand.

(🦋)
grace rambles ~
babies 🥺
thoughts??